Chapter 16

• Věnováno Katelyn

So yesterday I said I would update everything I could but I got distracted and didn't even get one sentence down. Well, today I went to my friends' dad's funeral. He had a tumor in his head. And for month's he fought. He died last week. It's sad that he's gone, and I had some good conversations with him whenever we talked. So I am dedicating all of my stories that I am writing to him. He was a great man and loved and treasured his family dearly. Kate if your reading this, I'm greatful that your my friend and your dad was a great and kind man.

Thank you guys so much for supporting me on here and please pray for my friend and her family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dewkit could not calm down. She was literally bouncing off the walls of my den. I was getting her ready for her apprentice ceremony. Well, trying to. She kept getting up and pacing or prancing around. Her bright blue eyes were filled with anxiety and excitement. 

"Calm down, Dewkit. Your fur is becoming ruffled." I said with my mouth when she was looking at me. She nodded and sat still. I hurried to fix her fur before she got hyper again.

"Ready?" I asked as she nodded again. I flicked my tail and we exited my den. I jumped up onto the ledge that protruded from the wall. 

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath Rock Ledge for a clan meeting." I yowled. Our small clan came out of their dens and into the camp quickly. Dewkit sat tall beneath me, looking up with her head turned to see my mouth. 

As everyone was gathered beneath me I nodded to Pinefall, who prepared to stand and come up when it was his time to.

"This is a proud day for Moonclan, by naming our first apprentice we show Moonclan will survive and remain strong. Dewkit from now until you earn your warrior name, you will be known as Dewpaw." 

"Pinefall please step forward." I said as he stood and walked through the cats to the front, coming to stand next to Dewpaw. 

"Pinefall you are ready for an apprentice, you will be Dewpaw's mentor. I know you will pass on your wisdom and skills of the shadows to Dewpaw and teach her the skills that will make her a brave warrior of Moonclan." I finished. Pinefall and Dewpaw turned to each other as Moonclan chanted Dewpaw's name.

As everyone spread out to go back to what they were doing Pinefall took Dewpaw to the training clearing. I jumped down from Rock Ledge and looked around the camp. Silversong had two raven's in her mouth and was heading for the freshkill pile. My eyes fell on the little creek that ran through the large cave we made camp in that also ran past the freshkill pile. 

As Silversong was dropping her catch on the pile I lifted my head in the slightest bit and a ribbon of water broke from the creek. I flicked my eyes to Silversong and the ribbon formed a ball and headed straight for Silversong. A sudden blast of wind rushed passed me and redirected the ball towards Blackpelt. Blackpelt, who had his back turned, was heading for the entrance of the cave. 

The water ball exploded on him, soaking him. Me and Silversong's eyes widened and we both bolted for the entrance. We emerged from the waterfall, slightly wet since we ran quickly through it. We kept running, heading for the river. I heard Blackpelt chasing after us, his large paws making heavy thuds on the forest floor. 

I looked over at Silversong, who was running beside me. 

"Split up. Lets try out our newest move." she said and I nodded. I went right and Silversong went straight. The sound of Blackpelt's paws faltered but then startede to fade into the distance. I made a circle around to the river and kept inside the line of trees heading up the river. A breeze ruffled my fur and I felt my body start to be drawn to the water. I burst out of the trees and slid into the rushing water smoothly. 

I went under, and closed my eyes as I focused. I felt the water start to rush upwards. I could feel the river rushing past me but my body stayed where it was. I focused the water into a funnel and turned in the direction where the breeze had come from. The water shot towards where Silversong was, or where I was guessing. The funnel crashed into the ground infront of Blackpelt.

I felt wind slice through the funnel of water and I swam up to the surface. I saw Silversong in a strong stance as water splashed into Blackpelt. I laughed as I swam to shore. Blackpelt was clearly cold and soaked to the bone. Silversong was laughing along with me and nudged her.

"Guess it works out well!" I said.

"Sure did." she replied still laughing. Blackpelt shook out as much water as he could as Silversong and I laughed together.

"Just think how much more powerful it would be with rain." I said a new idea forming in my head.

"We would need Blackheart though..." Silversong said as our laughter came to an aburt stop.

"Tigerfang can't control the rain can he?" I asked as Blackpelt started rolling around in the grass.

"I think that was what Blackheart's power was besides thunder." Silversong replied. 

"I really didn't realize how much we would need her power." I said as my tail flicked from side to side. 

"Should we see if she'll come back?" Silversong asked and I shook my head.

"I think her and Tigerfang had a fight, so she took off to Thunderclan with her kits." I said sadly.

"Don't blame Tigerfang. It was her choice and we should respect it." Silversong said, her voice full of wisdom. 

"I know. Let's head back to camp." I said as Blackpelt shook out his pelt once again. Water droplets splattered everywhere. I rolled my eyes and thumped my tail down. The water in his pelt rolled off of him like water on rock. He glared at me and I chuckled.

"Beat you both back to camp." I said as I bolted into the trees heading for our camp cave. I heard the other two running behind me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did you guys think? Dewkit is now Dewpaw! yay ^^ Comment Vote and Fan please!

I love you guys!

-Jess