Chapter 17

Hey guys! So I have decided that instead of you guys waiting forever for me to upload I'm going to start just doing 5 votes to update everything (that means every story) once it reaches five votes. Five votes on any chapter any story (in total like five things voted for an anything) and I will upload. So your guy wait is now going to be determined down to how long it takes to vote five times. Now I realize some update their stories when they have wifi then read when not having wifi but for those of you that can vote it only takes like two little seconds. My chapters will be getting longer (I promise) and I will be going back to revise chapters when I have extra time. Alright thanks for reading this guys. Now onto the story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting under a sycamore tree, in Moonclan territory, listening to the calm sounds of the forest around me. In the distance I could hear the faint trickling sound of the river and bird's chirped their morning song overhead and all around me. I slid my front paws forward and arched my back in a stretch, my mouth opening wide in a yawn.

Everyone was still asleep except for Pinefall and Dewpaw who were patrolling and doing some morning lessons. I had decided to take a little stroll around the territory. The orange/green leaves overhead rustled in the wind that blew past. The topcoat of my fur bristling slightly, keeping me warm under my thick coat. 

I wrapped my tail around my paws as I brought myself back into a sitting position. My ears twitched as for a few more moments I enjoyed the calm quiet that was now my home. The sun filtered through the leaves, creating different patterns on the soft moss covered ground. 

My thoughts flitted to Snareclaw. The fun times we had had as kits and the how not once we had never fought. My eyes started to water as I shook my head.

"He would want me to be strong." I said as brushed my head on my chest and gave it a lick. 

I got to my feet and made my way back to the waterfall cave that was Moonclans camp. I cleared my mind of everything but Snareclaw as I focused solely on him. 

Before I realized it I was making my way through the short wall of water that flowed down as the entrance to Moonclans camp. I blinked around me as my clan was just beginning to come out of their dens. 

"Good morning Snowstar." said a scratchy voice behind me. I turned and smiled seeing Silversong. 

"Good morning Silversong!" I laughed, giggling at her voice. "I would suggest a drink of water." 

She laughed and nodded.

"Join me for some breakfast?" She said clearing her throat, her voice improving back to its original tone.

"I would be honored." I said as she shook her head and headed towards the freshkill pile. The pile was never too small but never very big either. It was always enough to keep the clan from going hungry. 

"No the honor is mine to be eating with the leader of this fine clan." she said as we aproached the freshkill pile.

"Oh but you are my friend so I think the one to be honored is me to be able to eat with a friend when she could be doing something else." we both laughed. I grabbed a trout and she grabbed a vole. We took our meals outside, shaking out our pelts from the quick shower of a water we passed through the waterfall. 

We sat down and began eating. Soon after we had started eating, Dewpaw and Pinefall padded out of the trees.

"Morning Snowstar, Silversong." Pinefall said nodding his head to us as he passed and disppeared through the waterfall. Dewpaw padded over and I looked up. Her tail twirled through air as I read what she was saying.

"Good morning Snowstar and Silversong! I'll be right back to get something to eat." she said as she bounded awaythrough the waterfall. Pinefall came out with a raven in his jaws and laid down in front of us and began eating. 

"Nice day today!" I said in between bites of trout. 

"Good day for a patrol." Pinefall said.

"You and Dewkit just went on a patrol." I said confused.

"I meant at Sunhigh." He said chuckling as he ate.

"Oh ok." I said, feeling my cheeks heat up a little bit at my slight ignorance.

"These last few moons have been great! No trouble and we're still kicking." Silversong said. I nodded although there was a feeling at the bottom of my stomach that something wasn't right. I decided that I wasn't going to say anything just yet. 

Dewpaw ran out carrying a mouse in her jaws and she plopped down, eating happily. Her tail slid over the ground softly, combing the grass this way and that way. I smiled and sighed in content.

~I should worry about the now, not the future~ I thought to myself as Silversong and Pinefall continued a conversation, leaving me to wander my thoughts without distraction. My thoughts flitted through different things before focusing on one thing. Shadowclan and Windclan.

~What are they planning?~ I asked myself as I thought about the past events. They had given up on Starclan and they only know what's happening to them. 

~What if they attack us? We only have a pawful of cats in the clan. We might have special abilities but we could never take on both clans if that's what they plan on doing. And how are we to reunite the clans?~ I pondered, focused on figuring out what they could be planning. 

"Snowstar." a male voice interrupted my fretful thoughts. I shook my head to clear and looked up to see Blackpelt standing in front of me. Silversong and Pinefall were long gone and Dewpaw was chasing a butterfly like a kit. 

"Yes, Blackpelt?" I replied getting to my feet.

"Let's take a walk." He said as he turned. I jumped up to him and padded at his speed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's kinda short but here's the first upload! sorry guys this is the only one but I had dance and I had to babysit. Hope you liked the cliffhangar lol