Chapter Two

I put my bra back on and Vic put back on his shirt and we walked downstairs. Jaime looked at me as if he was disappointed. I looked down, "I think I'll go to sleep now. Goodnight guys. Don't forget to lock the door." I walked back upstairs and turned off my light as I closed my door. I jumped into bed and checked my missed call, it was from Konner. I texted him, "Sorry I left my phone downstairs, needed something?" I put on my spotify playlist and locked my phone. Four minutes later I got a text from Konner, "Yeah, uhm. Can we hang out tomorrow?" I sighed, "I was going to spend the day with my brother but that can wait. Sure. Bring your guitar so we can practice." I hit send and locked my phone again and looked up at the ceiling. "How could I be so stupid." I mumbled to myself. Jaime came in my room, "I'm not mad." I turned away from my door so I couldn't see him, "But you're disappointed." He sighed loudly, "Look Max, I don't care what you two do. I can't really stop you, you're turning 19 tomorrow. But just please be careful. I don't want you to get hurt." I mumbled, "I will, now leave me alone." I heard my door close behind him. I turned back around and got out of my bed. I went into my bathroom and grabbed one of my razors and twirled it around in my hand. I made sure the door was locked as I pressed the blade across my wrist the slowly dragged it. I sliced my wrist over and over. I couldn't take how I felt. After the cuts stopped bleeding I went back into bed. I screamed as a hand touched mine. Vic sat up, "I didn't mean to scare you!"

I jumped out of bed and threw on a hoodie that was on my desk. He looked at me confused, "What's with the hoodie?" I mumbled, "Just cold." I climbed back into my bed. He wrapped his arm around me and I put my head on his bare chest. I felt him sigh, "Don't lie again. Take it off, I know what you're trying to hide." My heart dropped to my stomach, "Wh-what?" He sat up, "You're trying to hide the cuts. I'm not stupid. You know I did it myself when I was younger, I know all the excuses." I looked down, "But I don't want to just put my cuts out there in the open." He got out of bed, "Fine. But you don't have to worry about me seeing them. I'm going back in my room." I looked down as he walked out and closed my door. I threw off my hoodie. I punched my wall. Tony ran into my room, "What's wrong?" I screamed, "Leave me alone," as the tears ran down my face. He backed away and closed my door.

I paced around my room, after I saw the hall light turn off, which meant that they were all in bed now. I threw on my shoes and a hoodie. I grabbed my keys and phone as I walked out my door. I walked out the front door and locked it behind me and got into my car. I drove to Konner's house. I called him, "I'm at your house, come on. We're going for a walk in the park." He came outside in his pajamas and got into my car. "Everything okay?" He asked. I shook my head, "Let's save the talking for at the park." Once we got to the park I turned off my car. I sighed and put my head on the back of the seat. Konner looked over, "What's wrong?" I sighed, "Vic and I were kissing and Tony walked in and told my brother. I felt like complete shit and I cut. While I was in the bathroom cutting, Vic had came into my room and was in my bed. I went lay down then realized he was in the bed and I threw on my hoodie so he didn't see the cuts. Then he got pissed and went into his room. I feel like shit right now and I just needed to see you." Konner looked down, "How bad are the cuts?" I sighed, "I'm still alive, that's all that matters." Konner reached over and hugged me. I opened my door, "Coming?" He opened his door and got out and I did the same. He smiled as I walked around my car to meet him, "To the tree?" I nodded as I smiled.

The tree was our tree. We carved our names in it, Konner and Max Best Friends Forever. We carved that when we were 7. I ran my fingers over his name. He ran his fingers along my name, "Penny for your thoughts?" I looked down, "Just thinking about the day we carved this." He sighed, "Look Max, I need to talk to you." I looked at him, "Go ahead." He held my hand, "I'm jealous of Vic." I looked at him confused, "Why?" He looked down at our feet, "Because ever since we were younger I knew I loved you, I couldn't bring myself to love someone else. Then Jaime brought Vic home, and you've loved him ever since. It's not fair." I took my hand from his, "You talk about Vic as if he's a damn animal." Konner looked up, "You weren't even paying attention enough to realize what I said. When it comes to Vic I'm a second choice! You don't even pay attention to me when the boys are home." I sighed, "What am I expected to do?! I see you almost everyday, I see them maybe a week every 5 months!" Konner raised his hand and he slapped me across my face, "Don't yell at me!" I touched my face where he hit, "Konner! Do you realize what you just did?!" He looked down, "I'm sorrry." I turned around and started walking, "Find your own way home, and delete my number."