Chapter Three

I drove home and sat in the driveway. I touched where Konner slapped me. I winced in pain, he left a hand print. I really do hope that it's gone by morning. I unlocked the door and tip toed to my room. I turned off my light and jumped into bed. Today has been utterly exhausting.

I woke up at 3 in the afternoon. I jumped out of bed and went downstairs. Vic looked at me shocked as I sat next to him. He whispered, "What happened to your face?" I jumped up and ran back upstairs. I looked in my mirror, I had a handshaped bruise across my face. I covered it up with foundation. I went back downstairs as if nothing happened. I sat back down next to Vic.

I put my head back. Vic whispered, "Look. I'm so sorry I overreacted. I forgot how much pain you must of been in. Please forgive me." I nodded, "I wasn't even upset. But of course I forgive you." He reached for my hand and I intertwined our fingers. Jaime laughed, "My little sister is finally 19! Maxine Sereinity Precaido is finally 19!" He high-fived me. I smiled, "I guess I am 19." Vic smiled, "I finally know your full name." I blushed, "Yes, Maxine Serenity Precaido. That's me, that's what it says on my drivers liscense as well. You could of just looked at that." He whispered, "Shit." I smiled, Tony came downstairs, "Did you leave last night?" I shook my head, "No, why?" I heard the door open early this morning. I shrugged, "Wasn't me."

I locked my bathroom door and turned on my bath water. I got into the bath and put on my spotify playlist, Sleeping With Sirens came on. I laid back, I heard a knock on my door, "Your favorite little girl wants to see you," Kellin said. I heard Copeland try to form words, "I'll be out in a minute Cope." I heard her giggle as Kellin walked away. I washed up and got out. I put on sweatpants and a tank top and a hoodie, and covered the bruise with foundation. I got downstairs and Copeland ran towards me. Kellin joked, "Sometimes I think she likes you more than she likes me." I laughed, "You missed nanny?" She giggled and wrapped her arms around me, "Her chubby cheeks are so adorable. She couldn't have gotten them from you." Kellin laughed, "Happy birthday you little shit." He handed me a box, I put Copeland in my lap as I sat down. "Cope? You want to help nanny open her present?" Copeland nodded and took the top off the box and handed me the shirts that were in it. I smiled as I saw all the band tees. A Suicide Silence memorial t-shirt came out. I looked at Kellin, "Was Jolie with you?" He shook his head, "Cope picked that out herself." I smiled, "Well thank you Cope." She smiled and laid back on me.

Vic held my hand and Kellin laughed, "So you two or a thing now?" I shrugged, "Well he never did ask me." Vic smiled, "Maxine Precaido, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" I nodded, "Of course, Victor Feuntes." Copeland clapped, "Yay! Nanny and Uncle like each other." But it was more adorable because she can barely make words. I smiled, "Yes, nanny and uncle like each other." Jaime came through the door with Austin, Matty, Oli, Jack, and Alex. I smiled, "Well look who it is." Cope ran up to Austin and he picked her up. Austin sat next to me, "Jolie said she'll bring Kenadee after her nap." I nodded, "It's been awhile since I've seen y'all, especially Oli." I high-fived him, "Haven't seen you since I was like 16, so about three years. You know where I stay, stop avoiding me." He smiled, "Would you rather me show up unannouced then?" I smiled, "Just let me know before you walk in so I can put clothes on." Cope covered her ears, "Uncle Vic, make Nanny Max stop!" I laughed and uncovered her ears, "I'll stop now." She giggled.