Chapter Seven

I opened the door and saw everyone sitting on the couches. I felt my heart speed up as I saw Vic. I looked at the key rack and grabbed my keys. Vic stood up, "Can I speak to you outside?" Austin put his arm around me and pushed me behind me. I patted his shoulder, "Austin, it's alright." I opened the door and Vic walked past Austin with his head down as we both walked outside.

"I'm really sorry Max. It's so much different not having you here. I can't stand it," Vic mumbled after I closed the door. I sighed, "I'm living at Austin's now, I can't just move out now. He looked down at his feet and whispered, "I love you Maxine. I can live without you, I just don't want to." I felt my heart skip a beat in my chest. I picked up his face and looked in his eyes, "Victor, I've been in love with you since I first met you, before you, my brother, and everyone else decided to become a band. But, once I finally got what I thought would be my biggest dream, you hurt me. Really badly. I'm a legal adult now. I feel stuck here. I love you too Vic. But, I don't want to be hurt again. I just can't trust you as easily anymore." He sighed once again, "Let me make up to you, please." I nodded, "I'm not moving back here, but I'll visit almost every week. Alright?" He smiled and hugged me, "Alright." 

Vic went back inside and Austin walked outside. He looked down at me, "What did he want." I sighed, "We talked. Everything's okay now." Austin got into his car and I got into mine. Looked down at his car and yelled over the engines, "I'll be home before morning. I got a key, don't worry about me, love you!" He smiled back and gave me a thumbs up. 

I drove to the park and sighed as I turned off my car. I go out my car, putting on my spotify playlist. I walked to the swings and slowly kicked myself. I heard someone clear their throat in front of me. "Konner? Wh-what do you want?" He sighed, "I'm sorry Max. I just got so jealous." I stood up, "Leave me alone. Please." I started walking away, then suddenly the last thing I saw was Konner's hand balled into a fist and coming at my face.

I woke up in a panic and with a raging headache. I looked all around and realized I was still at the park. I searched for my phone and finally found it in my pants pocket that was about 3 feet from me. I checked the time, 3:47 AM. I quickly put on my shirt and pants and stumbled to my car. I put the keys in the ignition but I didn't have the strength to turn it on. I looked through my phone and saw that Konner texted me around midnight, "Have fun you soon to be mother. Fucking slut." I started crying, I knew he raped me. I called Austin and he answered groggily on the 3rd ring, "Yes Max? Something wrong?" I cried harder, "Come pick me up from the park. Please.. I don't have the strength to drive." I heard him jump out of his bed, "I'll be there shortly. Stay right there." I dropped my phone on my legs and tried to breath. 

I felt Austin pick me up out of my car and grab my keys and phone. He mumbled, "We'll come back for that tomorrow." He placed me in the backseat of his car and gave me a water bottle. I curled in a ball and rubbed my stomach as I cried. Austin looked back at me as he was driving, "What happened Max?" I sniffled, "I saw Konner and he punched me so I blacked out. Then I woke up around 3:45 and I didn't have my pants or shirt on and I was really weak. Then I looked through my phone and saw a message from Konner saying that I'm pregnant, so in other words he got me pregnant. And there's a little child growing inside me." Austin turned suddenly, causing me to slide slighty, "We're going to the cops right now. I'm getting his ass arrested." I cried harder, "I'm sorry Austin." He reached back and rubbed my stomach, "I promise, you can put him or her up for adoption if you want to. I won't make you keep him or her." I looked down, "No! I want to be a mother, I just don't want my child to not have a father."  He smiled, "I'll help you raise it. I promise." I smiled, "Thank you Austin."

Austin picked me up and sat me down in the police station. I tried to calm down my anxiety, but it was nearly impossible. The police man asked, me what happened and I told him clear as day, "Konner Stevens punched me and I blacked out and I woke up several hours later without my shirt or shorts on and he texted me saying I'll be a mother so apparently he came inside me." He looked at me, "You are wearing really short shorts and a revealing shirt though ma'am. I can't help you there. Your clothes probably provoked him." My heart skipped a beat and the words, "It's your fault." started to repeat over and over again inside my head. Austin picked me back up and put me in his backseat again. I started crying and I couldn't help but whisper, "It's all my fault. I'm such a slut." Austin sung quietly, "You're not alone you're with me You're not alone you're with me Don't let the world bring you down There's always hope for the willing Don't let the world bring you down It's not over, you're not alone anymore When it feels like all is lost and there's no guide that's left to prove it Take a look inside, cherish your life And live before you lose it You're all waiting for the answer Keep on searching, strength in numbers Don't let the world bring you down There's always hope for the willing Don't let the world bring you down It's not over, you're not alone anymore."