11

This is what it feels like to potentially lose someone.

Almost like losing your sanity.

You can feel it slipping out of the palm of your hand.

We we're back at the cafe once again. This time we made the trip to the north wing. It was something about sitting in a booth being crushed by Hercules while John and Lafayette laughed on the other side, that felt so absolutely amazing.

I forgot how good it actually felt.

I'd die for times like these.

Surrounded by people who seemed to give a shit about what I had to say.

Just the four of us.

It took a while for John to forgive me but he finally came around. I didn't have to beg on my knees for his forgiveness. He willingly gave it to me. I admire him. I aspire to be just as forgiving and tolerant of second chances.

"Cheer up Lex." Herc said smiling. He nudged me a little and began wiggling his eyebrows.

"I am fine I promise. " I said giggling at John who picked a piece of twizzlers out of Laf's hair. He looked at Laf strangely before digging in his hair once more. First his finger tips, next his knuckles, then his palm, and finally ended at his wrist. "Uhhhh." John made a face as if he was weirded out and retracted his hand from Laf's hair pulling out a hand full of trinkets. 

He released the hand full on the top of the table and I immediately reach towards the pile grabbing a small piece of paper. "Is this the $50 I lost and you said you didn't see it?"

"You had my sewing needles?" Herc held a pack full of sewing needles that came from his kit.

"Is there something you want to tell us? Oh my God is that Rutabaga?!" John asked. He scurried and pulled his beloved turtle out of Laf's hair.

We all waited in silence for at least 5 minutes and yet Laf has yet to respond. He steadily waved his hands around and moved his mouth and no words were formed. "Whaaatt? Mon Ami I'd never-Oh! Look at that wall over there it's so nice and...and wall-ish."

"HERC YOUR BOYFRIEND IS A KLEPTO!" I screamed I laughed dashed away from the booth and ran outside near the patio rounded lunch tables. The guys rushed outside after me.

John mumbled to his turtle and placed him in his shirt pocket. He hopped on top of one of the tables and started twisting his hips singing.

HEY LEXI YOURE SO FINE, YOURE SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND! HEY LEXI! HEY, HEY, HEY LEXI!"

He places his hands on his knees and proceeded to---well atleast what he thought was twerking. "Am I doing it?!" He asked looking back at his ass.

I laughed at Rutabaga's reaction. Ive never seen a turtle looking so confused and regretful of choosing an owner. I swear he looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I don't know Ponyboy. You kinda look like one of those squirrels that twitch after they get hit by a car." Herc rubbed his chin giggling.

Yup. I miss this alright.

"Let me get up there and show you how it's done."