Traffic Jam

*warning: contains spanking and a bit of JohnLock*

The cab ride back to Baker Street was unbearable. John Watson sat, listening to Sherlock go on and on about his deductions and calculations for the perfect formula of catching the perps. Personally, John felt that if he knew so bloody much, why did London have to suffer? Because he always needed to make a spectacle.

Finally, they arrived to 221B. John went about setting up for tea, and Sherlock went to change in his room. The sudden lack of talking was a refreshing change. John felt some of the previous anger melt away, and he sat, reliving the nights events.

Sherlock had been working on a particular tough case for the past several days, and finally a lead led them to Tony Riscotto, a janitor. Riscotto had fled, beginning only a five hour chase throughout London. Sherlock refused to phone Lestrade for reasons unknown to John until John actually phoned Lestrade and told him what was happening. Apparently Sherlock wasn't supposed to going after Riscotto alone. Lestrade began to curse and swear, yelling through the phone. 

"Who knows what he is capable of?" Lestrade groaned. "Where are you?"

John gave him the details, and soon enough Scotland Yard was in on the chase too. Of course, that didn't stop Sherlock from following Riscotto right into the middle of traffic. John could only watch, horrified, as his best friend weaved in between the oncoming cars, bracing himself for the worse. He almost couldn't believe it when Scotland Yard cornered Riscotto, and Sherlock began to head back towards John. John's fists were shaking from barely concealed anger when the lunatic detective finally reached him. Sherlock barely spared him a glance. 

Greg had a few words for him, but they seemed to bounce off Sherlock, barely even registering. "Just take him home, John." Greg growled, going to clear up the massive traffic jam.

John jolted back to the presence, aware of a hand on his shoulder. Sherlock was gazing at him, two cups of tea in his hands. "John, are you alright?"

"Hm, what?" John shifted in his seat, taking the offered cup of tea.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes. You were clearly far away."

"Just thinking."

"About what?" Sherlock sat across from him, sipping from his own cup.

Something snapped in John. "What do you think, Sherlock? What just happened that I may be thinking about?"

Sherlock looked confused. "Are you angry with me, John?"

Oh god.

"Yes, excellent deduction, Sherlock! I am angry with you!"

Sherlock sat his tea down with a affronted look on his face. "There is no need to shout."

"There is EVERY REASON TO SHOUT! Lestrade told me that you were instructed NOT to go after Riscotto by yourself!"

Sherlock furrowed his brow at John as if he was some sort of mystery. "I didn't go by myself, you were with me."

John snorted loudly. "Ah, yes. The famous Sherlock logic. But was I with you when you decided to run in the MIDDLE of London TRAFFIC?"

Sherlock opened his mouth to reply, but John cut him off angrily. " No. Of course not! Because any sensible person would actually THINK before being so foolish!"

Sherlock definitely looked offended now. " I am not foolish! I had a plan that was executed perfectly."

John pinched the bridge of his nose, breathing heavily, shutting his eyes in frustration. "So you planned on risking everyone's life today, including yours?"