It Had To Be You(Teen!Lock)

caution: contains the spanking of Sherlock Holmes. and a non graphic sexual scene

*****

Present

There were times when someone could sense a storm was approaching, but others were completely oblivious to the massive rainclouds gathering overhead. This is how John felt after barely surviving the school day. Lying in bed, arms around his somewhat dysfunctional boyfriend, face buried in the soft curls, he felt that he had missed an entire raincloud above his head. He should've seen the signs of a full blown Sherlock Holmes temper tantrum, it wasn't like they were all that rare, but somehow he had been oblivious.

Sherlock shifted in his arms, opening his still somewhat teary eyes. John watched as his boyfriend processed where he was, and who he was with. And as Sherlock shifted, wincing as his backside brushed against the bed, the "why" of it all came back to him.

"John?"

"Yes?" John kept his voice low and soothing. He cherished moments like this. No one else saw the true Sherlock Holmes, the insecure, lonely teenage boy who just wanted to be held. Sherlock only ever opened up around him, especially when they were alone.

"How long was I asleep?" Sherlock shifted, already moving away from John, a flush spread over his face.

"About two hours or so." John smiled, reaching out and taking Sherlock's wrist gently, pulling him back towards him, pressing a kiss on the long slender fingers. "No, it's okay."

"It's not okay." Sherlock looked rather upset. 

John pulled himself up to a sitting position, and gave his boyfriend a look that Sherlock should've recognized right away. He had a way of taking charge, and pushing forward. It was almost military in a way, and countless times Sherlock had pointed it out.  When Sherlock resisted the tug halfway, his eyes already shuttering, John reached for the slender waist, the skin soft and irresistible to the touch. Sherlock was still bare from the waist down from their earlier "discussion".

Sherlock allowed himself to be pulled over into John's arms once again, laying his head down on the muscular chest. John smiled, pulling his fingers through the curly locks. He wished that they could do this all day.  Everything was still, the world around them quiet, the two of them entangled in each other. It seemed like heaven, the rain pattering down softly on the roof above them.

"It's forgiven, you know?" John kissed the forehead. "It was dealt with, and now we know where we stand."

"Yes, because I'm never sitting again." Sherlock murmured ruefully.

"You say that every time." John reminded him, tone still soft.

"Because I swear your hand gets harder every time. What do you do? Fill it with cement?"

"You're the brains of the this outfit," John teased lightly. "You figure it out." Sherlock snorted against John's chest, tickling him. "Oy. Careful." John grinned, stroking Sherlock's cheek.

"I don't understand why you don't just give up on me." Sherlock said after a moment of quiet. He sounded subdued. 

John bit his lip gently. "Because I don't just give up on people."

"You should."

"Hey." John lifted Sherlock's chin with his pointer finger, and looked right into his eyes. "You aren't worth giving up on."

"You are the only one who thinks that." 

"It should only matter what I think then."

John leaned down closer and kissed him gently. Sherlock hesitantly returned it, but then with gusto, pulling John down closer. John rolled over on top of his boyfriend, laying soft kisses all over his face. Sherlock sighed softly. This was what was special, John thought as he gently caressed Sherlock's face. No one would ever be able to guess, but Sherlock loved comfort as much as the next person. He seemed prickly, and hard to bear on the outside, but on the inside he was Sherlock Holmes. A human being, no matter what his peers thought. And he absolutely loved being touched by John Watson, another human being, crazy about Sherlock.