Chapter 31

"Is that true?" Kim Sung-Ryung sprang out of her chair.

The detective she had hired the other day nodded. "It's true. That woman is dying. She suffers from acute leukemia and now she is in coma."

Sung-Ryung clapped her hands ecstatically. "Life is fair. This is a really good news for us. Let me call my husband."

That woman quickly dialed her husband's number. She told him about Tiffany's condition and both of them rejoiced it.

"If that girl dies, there will be no reasons for Taehyung to keep rejecting his marriage to Sooyoung. Oh, I wish she will die in peace." Sung-Ryung couldn't stop laughing.

Sooyoung had just got home. She stood by the door upon hearing what her aunt said.

"Are you sure she is dying?" Choi Minsik didn't want to celebrate things too early.

"It's positive. Detective Hong is still here to confirm it to us."

Who is dying? Sooyoung frowned. Why did her aunt sound so happy for someone else's misfortune?

Sung-Ryung hung up her phone. She looked at Detective Hong. "How bad is that girl's condition? Do you think she still has a chance to live?"

Detective Hong opened his hands. "She's in the terminal stage. Even with all the money Kim Taehyung has, it's still difficult to save her life."

Sung-Ryung smiled. "Good! I really expect her to die." There was no mercy in that woman's eyes. She was blinded by her own obsession. "If I had known about her illness, I wouldn't have made you spread those pictures. She will die. And at that time, Sooyoung will definitely be the one Taehyung runs to. Their marriage has been destined to happen."

"Who is dying, Keun Eomoni?" Sooyoung walked into their living room.

"Ah, my lovely Sooyoung!" Aunt Sung-Ryung smiled. "The girl who has ruined your engagement with Taehyung finally got what she deserves."

"Tiffany? What happened to her?" Sooyoung gasped. "Is she... Is she alright?"

Sung-Ryung raised her eyebrow. "Why do you care about her? She is the reason behind your sadness, Sooyoungie. That girl doesn't deserve our sympathy. She has separated you and Taehyung. And she made Taehyung leave his grandfather. She is a wicked woman. I just wish she will die real soon."

"Keun eomoni," Sooyoung felt her throat was dry, "I can't believe you are wishing for someone's death. I am so disappointed." Sooyoung left the room.

"Sooyoungie! Sooyoungie!" Her aunt called for her, but Sooyoung didn't want to listen.

Sooyoung went to SNSD Coffee Shop only to find everyone look so gloomy there. It was a big hit for them to finally realized what Tiffany had been keeping from them. Sunny couldn't even stop crying and Yuri had to close her coffee shop way early.  Sooyoung asked Hyoyeon where Tiffany was hospitalized.

Sooyoung didn't know what she felt that night. She didn't understand what to feel when she saw how devastated Taehyung was. That handsome man hadn't left Tiffany's inpatient room. He kept sitting next to his girlfriend and holding her hand, constantly praying and hoping for that girl to open her eyes.

"Fany ah, I haven't even proposed to you.... Don't you know I have secretly planned to ask you to marry me at Cheonggyecheon Stream. You told me not to forget that night. And I have never forgotten it. We've celebrated your birthday together..., but you haven't even celebrated my birthday... Please come back to me so we can be husband and wife... Please open your eyes so we can laugh and cry like we used to do...." Taehyung closed his eyes while keeping the hand of the woman he loved close to his face.

Sooyoung looked away. Taehyung didn't even realize that she was there standing outside the room. She reminisced her conversation with Tiffany the other day.

"I'm scared I can't be with Taehyung any longer.... And the only person that I know will take good care of him is you."

Sooyoung finally understood what Tiffany meant that day and why she begged her not to leave Taehyung.

Fany ssi, do you see what you mean for Taehyung? How will I replace you now? Why did you ask me something that you knew would never happen? If you really love Taehyung, you must take care of him yourself. Don't ask me to take your place because I will never be able to.

Dr. Jo found Sooyoung standing still while staring at the room where Tiffany was sleeping.

"Are you Tiffany's friend?" Jo Insung asked.

Sooyoung turned to him, she bowed her head, "yes. I'm Tiffany's friend."

Dr.  Jo nodded.

"Seonsaengnim," Sooyoung opened her mouth, "how is Tiffany? She will open her eyes again, right?"

Dr. Jo took a deep breath. He looked at the woman in front him without knowing where to start.

........................................................................

Gong Yoo rushed to Grandpa Kim's study. He had never run like this before... Not since twenty years ago.

"Sajangnim," he bowed down. Gong Yoo couldn't even hear the words that coming out of his own mouth. All of a sudden, he felt as if he had gone deaf.

"What?" Grandpa Kim spontaneously jerked upright after hearing what Gong Yoo had just said.

Gong Yoo gulped. "Tiffany ssi suffers from cancer and now she is in coma."

"Taehyung, how is he?" Grandpa Kim rarely got panicked, but at that time, he couldn't even pretend anymore. He was really worried about his grandson.

Gong Yoo looked so troubled. "Taehyung..., he.... He reminds me of Seokjin right now....."

Grandpa Kim tightened his mouth. After a long silence, he finally said, "I can't let the same thing that happen to Seokjin happen to Taehyung."

Twenty years ago, Grandpa Kim lost his only son. Kim Seokjin took his own life after his wife's death. At that time, Taehyung was only five years old. Nothing had crushed Grandpa Kim's heart than to bury his own son. For years, Grandpa Kim blamed his stupid son's true and overly deep love for Taehyung's mother. Seokjin wouldn't have committed suicide if he hadn't loved that woman. What good is love if it only kills you? Love only looks good and sweet in romantic novels, but it's extremely lethal and poisonous in real life.

As he raised his grandson alone, Grandpa Kim vowed he would never let Taehyung become like his father. It was better for that kid to have a boring and flat life, rather than to suffer from love. And for the same exact reason, Grandpa Kim chose to arrange Taehyung's marriage to Choi Sooyoung. He hoped his grandson would never learn to love someone so much it would only corrupt him like it had done to his father.

And because Grandpa Kim knew how true and real Taehyung's love for Tiffany, he had to oppose their relationship.[]

........................................................................