Chapter 36

Tiffany clapped her hands following the children's chant. One of them took her hands and made her dance along. She smiled and laughed. Those children look really happy even though almost each month one of them had to say goodbye without returning again.

Tiffany hooked her hair behind her ears. Jeju's wind blew strong. It was almost autumn, the leaves fell and blown away by the cold breeze. She looked around her. The hospital garden had always been the same. They let Tiffany plant some flowers there. And her favorite was always the sunflowers. She planted the flowers because it was also Taehyung's favorite flower.

Tiffany coughed. She had to stop playing with those kids. She stared at the distant sea in front of her. Her eyes hid some sorrows. The sorrows that were caused by her longing for Taehyung.

It had been almost two years although it felt like a thousand years. Tiffany was so lonely, there was not a day pass by without her missing her boyfriend so much.

That day, dr. Jo Insung had asked her to come with him to Germany. Tiffany thought it would be the best decision for her and Taehyung. She was dying and she didn't want Taehyung to witness her death. And so she left the hospital.

But Tiffany just couldn't go too far from Seoul. She wanted to be in a place that was close to Taehyung. A place where she could see the traces of that handsome man. She finally chose Jeju because that island kept so many sweet memories of her and Taehyung. Everytime she watched the sun set in the west, she could see Taehyung's flawless face. And even though the image of his face always made her want to cry, at least she could see him....

Some nurses brought the children back to their wards. Tiffany waved her hand at them. Those children had taught her that there were still many laughters in this world to rejoice although they would probably die tomorrow.

Tiffany sighed. Her leukemia hadn't been cured at all. She still often passed out or bled out. And her headache was as painful as before. But at least, she still breathed.

As the sun was ready to set down, Taehyung's face began to loom over. Tiffany was wondering how Taehyung was and what that handsome man was doing right now. I hope you eat well, Taehyungie.....

The hospital garden straightly faced toward the beautiful Jeju sea. Taehyung gasped as he watched Tiffany standing there. She was more beautiful than the first time he had seen her two years ago. Tiffany turned her head when her eyes accidentally locked at Taehyung.

She was staggered. That handsome man was standing not too far from her.

For a couple of seconds, everything ceased to exist. Both of them could only stand still without saying a word.
After making sure that they were not dreaming, Taehyung ran to Tiffany. His facial expression was indescribable. He reached for her and tremblingly touched Tiffany's arm as to make sure that the girl in front of him was real and not just an evening mirage that would quickly disappear when the sun had gone.

Taehyung trailed down her arm until he found Tiffany's fingers. He squeezed her hand so tightly. And when their fingers interlocked, Taehyung spontaneously pulled Tiffany into his arms.

He held her so tightly as tears rolled down his face.

"Fany ah, you broke your promise.... You said you'd never leave me...." His tears began to fall down. "I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to see you again......"

Tiffany couldn't hide her feelings anymore. She hugged the only man she loved in this world so tightly. She couldn't believe that day would come. She was sad and happy to see that man again, to be able to hold him again, to cry in his arms again.

"I missed you so much, Taehyungie. I really missed you like crazy....."

He kissed Tiffany's hair. "You missed me? Then why did you have to make me look for you again and again? Didn't I tell you not to leave me because I would always find you no matter where you run to?"

Tiffany's tears broke like a pouring rain. "I just couldn't let you see me dying.... You've hurt so much, Taehyungie. I was hoping you could continue your life and forget me...."

"Don't you understand, sweetie? You are my entire life. I'm just dying without you...."

Tiffany cried. She knew how much Taehyung loved her. He loved her as much as she loved him. Both of them would be dying without each other. "I'm sorry, Taehyungie... Please forgive me...."

Taehyung gently whispered in her ear, "never run away from me again..."

Tiffany nodded. She knew she would never want to leave Taehyung anymore. A life without Kim Taehyung was not a life at all. She was probably breathing, but she wasn't living.

"I look so old, right?" Taehyung smiled as they let go off their embrace.

Tiffany caressed Taehyung's grey hair, "no, you only look much mature."

Dr. Jo crossed his arms as he watched the two lovers kiss. He was going to look for Tiffany who hadn't returned to her room when he accidentally found the two sharing a passionate embrace.

Jo Insung reminisced. He had proposed a marriage to Tiffany numerous times, but her answer was still the same. Insung finally realized there was only one person that Tiffany loved. And that person was not him. It had always been Kim Taehyung from the very beginning.
He sighed as he kept watching Tiffany and Taehyung from afar.

........................................................................

Incheon International Airport was filled with so many strangers. Dr. Jo Insung closed the book he was reading when he heard an announcement. He looked at his watch. It was about the time he entered his flight gate.

Jo Insung was dragging his suitcase when he saw a girl he knew.

"Sooyoung ssi." He greeted her.

That girl looked surprised to find him there. "Jo seonsaengnim." She smiled. "It's been a while."

"Yes, it's been a while. How have you been?" Dr. Jo nodded.

"I am good. And you?"

"Been brokenhearted, but I guess I survived."

Sooyoung smiled politely. "You look much better than at the wedding."

"Ah, that wedding." Jo Insung laughed. "I really wanted to punch Kim Taehyung that day. He'd stolen my bride."

"I am glad Taehyung has found Tiffany. They belong to each other." Sooyoung ignored dr. Jo's lame joke.

"Yeah, me too." That young doctor smiled. "Tiffany has finally found her real home. Taehyung has just finished building a house for her in Jeju. A really beautiful house, although it's painted in pink." Dr. Jo grinned.

"A pink house. Taehyung really complies to his wife." Sooyoung smiled as she remembered that Taehyung used to hate pink to his core, but now, who would've guessed that that guy would live in a pink house? "I guess love changes everything."

Dr. Jo agreed.

"Seonsaengnim," Sooyoung glanced at Insung's suitcase, "are you going somewhere?"

"Yes," he nodded, "I'm going to Germany. I've finally accepted an offer from a university hospital to do a research on a new type of blood cancer."

"I'm happy to hear that." Sooyoung bowed her head. "Congratulation, I believe Seonsaengnim will do really well there."

Jo Insung bowed his head as they were parting. Sooyoung's flight gate was on the opposite side to his flight gate.

They walked and dragged their luggages toward two different directions. But after a few steps, dr. Jo turned around.

"Sooyoung ssi," he shouted.

Sooyoung turned her head.

"I hope we will meet again someday."

Sooyoung didn't say a word, but she warmly and tenderly smiled.

As they were heading two different flight gates, dr. Jo chuckled. He knew he would meet that girl again real soon.[]

........................................................................