45 ~ Maedhros

He had screamed, of course he had. He had screamed and begged and writhed in agony, the chains about his wrists, ankles and neck leaving him helpless to the creature's merciless attacks. Soon, where smooth, milky-white skin had been, now was a mess of mauled flesh, hot blood trickling down his bare abdomen.

He should have clenched his jaw and swallowed down his pride and the pitiful whimpers that bubbled up in his throat. But enough was enough, and he couldn't take it any longer. His people, his brothers still needed him, and they needed him alive.

So he told the lieutenant of Angband about their provisions, and a false number of soldiers he had under his command, and that it was the Silmarils they were aiming for. Otherwise, he gave no other information and fell silent.
A thin ribbon of saliva was dangling from his lips, pooling humiliatingly between his spread knees as he lowered his head again.

Thuringwethil sighed then, clicking her tongue a few times, unimpressed.

"Our lord wanted to know how the interrogation was going," she started with renewed energy, as though she had suddenly remembered the purpose of her presence there, "Should I go tell him or do you want to make it yourself?"