59 ~ Melkor

Melkor stroked his right hand, feeling little itches teasing his palm. It was the first sign of a long, accursed night of pain and discomfort, and the mere thought of it managed to darken the Vala's mood almost instantly.

He watched the elf's expression turn into a deep frown, disgust and defiance burning in his tired eyes. Melkor had to admit to himself: the Noldo was a true warrior. Proud, determined and stubborn, just like a true king should be. The elf somehow reminded the Vala of himself and it angered him beyond words. However, underneath all that hatred and loathing, there also lingered a twinge of interest and fascination. Breaking this particular subject could provide some fun, indeed.

"We should wait for their answer though, don't you think?" he addressed to Maedhros with mocking calm and sweetness, "In the meantime, make yourself at home! I see that you have already... befriended my lieutenant."

Then, turning his attention to the Maia, he added,

"Mairon, take care of our guest. Take him with you, show him the fortress, give him some warm food."

Without waiting for an answer, he waved his hand dismissively at them.

"He is certainly going to need it..." he mumbled under his breath, drawing his conclusion.