89 ~ Maglor

Shock and disbelief sailed upon the elf's face as he stared almost fearfully at his opponent. He had to swallow repeatedly in order to get rid of the awful lump in throat as Sauron's amusement suddenly turned into anger and fury.

The lust for revenge could be read in his blazing golden eyes, a grimace of disgust twisting his handsome features as he wiped the blood streaming from his mouth away with the back of his hand, and he snarled aloud for everyone to hear,

"Is this how the Noldor treat with their enemies? Is this how the Fëanorians show their gratitude for our mercy and benignity?" a tense pause followed in which the elf and the Maia's eyes locked on each other, and the decisive moment followed.

"So be it, Magor Kanafinwë. Is it war that you're looking for? Then war you shall get. Worry not for your brother, we will take good care of him."

Maglor's blood froze in his veins upon hearing Sauron's words, spoken in a gruff voice, full of spite and rage.

The lieutenant turned his steed around in a swift move, throwing Maglor one last perilous glare.

"Our negotiations here are over."

As he slowly made to return within the fortress, he stopped for a second as he walked past Gothmog, murmuring a "Drive them away from here and kill as many as you can," before contentedly resuming the road.

~

For Wandering_Bard thank you for everything, your comments make me laugh so much :)