i n t r o

the two souls were contradictory bringing all the more wonder as to how their lives coexisted into what seemed like one. harry was the free breeze you felt when the sun went down and the summer heat settled into nothing but relief. delilah was the shivering, distant cause of falling leaves while the cold, autumn air nipped at your skin making your teeth chatter and lips turn purple.

contradictory.

harry wanted adventure. he dropped out of university in hopes of discovering his true passion, and he could do that. his family had money. he was the free bird that soared toward the sun during the horizon.

delilah was quiet, almost silent. when she did open her mouth it was to spit out an irrelevant, off topic fun fact. but she was smart, and she wanted knowledge. she was a crack in the pavement that caught people off guard as they tripped over themselves trying to respond to her perplexing remarks.

but they both had one thing in common; that meadow. they both called it their own, even though it was really theirs because they both found themselves back there for the same reason.

to see each other.

however, they would never admit that. they never wanted to process any feelings felt towards one another and pushed them to the side until the wind came and blew through the meadow capturing their feelings and carrying them off into thin air to be dealt with elsewhere.

it was an adventure from the beginning that gave them both what they wanted. delilah and harry were contradictory, but that's how it worked.

-

all is a work of fiction meant for entertainment purposes only.