t w e l v e

during the season of summer when business picked up, lenny brought in a few extra pair of hands that were looking for a summer job. it allowed him, and also delilah to relax a bit more and have enough help.

the heat of the sun beamed through the windshield of harry's car as he drove past the meadow. delilah sat in the passenger seat with harry's fingers intertwined with hers across the center console.

it had been five months since the two had met, and everything was how they wanted. blissful and in place.

"i didn't realize you had to drive so far every day, harry," delilah said after nearly two hours of sitting in the car.

"it's completely worth it, though," he playfully said raising her hand to his lips and meeting her eyes. she laughed at his words and how flirty he was, even though it made her stomach flutter and mind spin in the best way possible.

forty-five minutes later, delilah's jaw was dropped and her eyes were wide as she took in the beauty and luxury of the house harry called home. walking up to the front door hand in hand was intimidating. she had never been to a house so large and exquisite looking from the outside, and the inside was sure to be unreal to her.

a bark was heard from the other side of the door, and when it swung open percy happily wagged his tail and ran circles around delilah and harry.

delilah laughed at the excited dog and got on one knee to pet him and ruffle his perfectly brushed out hair. harry soon joined the two on the ground, and percy was happier than ever.

when they stood up, harry reached for delilah's hand once again and led her around the house. delilah tried to pay as close attention to what he was showing her and where they were going, but her skin had been on fire from the moment their hands locked together in the car.

"are you even paying attention to my very detailed, personal and interesting house tour?" harry dramatically exclaimed when he noticed delilah staring at their hands.

"yes! this is clearly one of the many bathrooms!" delilah shot back with assurance after looking up and seeing a toilet and shower.

"hm. well, you're lucky we're nearly done because all we have left is my room," harry's cheeky smile fluttered delilah's belly, although she made sure he never noticed the effect he seemed to have on her.

his room was the last at the end of the long hallway, and it was the complete opposite of the rest of the house. the rest of the house was extravagant and pristine, but harry's room was rough and very harry.

"welcome to my home inside my home," harry joked. their hands detached and delilah felt cold. she looked around the large space and admired the comfort it brought. harry had made it his own, and she appreciated that she was able to see it.

"your entire house is so beautiful, did you grow up here?" delilah asked, walking along a wall littered with various sketches of harry's.

"my parents built it when i was seven, and ever since then it's been changing every year," harry says, trying to pick up scattered clothes and papers littering the polished dark hardwood floors. "make yourself comfortable. i'll go grab us something from the kitchen."

delilah sat herself on the end of his bed before she heard thumping coming her way. soon percy came flying into the room and onto harry's bed on his back waiting for a belly rub. delilah laughed at the goofy animal and gave in to his desires.

when harry returned he had two bottles of water and sandwiches on plates. the dishes that were brought to her looked like what she would consider fine chinaware, but clearly they weren't if sandwiches were placed on them.

after laughing and eating, delilah realized harry had a bookcase collecting dust. she sprung off the bed and out from harry's hold to see the few books he had. he groaned playfully when the spot next to him was abandoned.

"you know, it's been a month or so since i've seen your head stuck in a book," harry smiled. delilah was hunched over reading the titles printed on the spines before she finally picked one.

"well, the time has come. i'm returning to my old ways," she chuckled, plopping back down on the bed.

she sat against the headboard with her legs straight. harry rolled over and laid his head on her lap. delilah looked down at the smiling boy with admiration and electricity before she leaned down and placed a kiss on his lips.

when she pulled away, a smile was plastered on her face at harry's surprised yet happy expression while she remained hovered over him. harry's cheeky smile returned to his lips as his hands grabbed delilah's face to pull her back down to kiss her once again, molding passion and adoration into the action.

he sat up and returned his lips to hers before delilah laughed into the kiss at his eager yet wondrous lips. "that book seemed so interesting. what a shame i'm not reading it right now."

her teasing words amused harry, so he dragged his lips down to her jaw, then her neck. when her breathing picked up, it was harry's turn to laugh huskily. "i think the shame is you thinking about reading at a time like this, darling."

delilah was scorching. that heat between them was indescribable and it had been building up for that specific moment where delilah no longer thought about books, the only thing on her mind was harry's mouth doing wonders and the bubbling sensation settling within her.

+

she was bare. delilah laid in harry's sheets with her uncovered body and truth before him.

and he adored every inch of flesh that was on display for him, and kissed the empty canvas like he craved to for what seemed like ages.

flashback to may (two months prior)

it was a cool spring evening, and delilah wanted to cook a nice dinner for harry. she wanted to cook him the grilled cheese he hadn't yet been able to eat.

she had recovered from being under the weather for a week and a half, and was sure that she was completely back to her normal self.

when he arrived, he saw her small table set to perfection. she was a vision to witness in the kitchen, even though she shooed him out multiple times and told him to sit down and she would bring him a drink. not long after drinks were placed on the table, delilah appeared with two plates of grilled cheese sandwiches cut into fourths.

when he realized he was getting his very own delilah-made grilled cheese, harry's smile was the biggest she'd ever seen, and it immediately made her heart warm.

"this smells amazing, darling," harry complimented and leaned across the small table to delicately kiss her lips for the first time.

the sandwiches were as amazing as he imagined, and maybe his opinion was biased because he really just thought delilah was amazing.

end of flashback.

after two hours of laying comfortably in bed, with fingers tracing skin, delilah grabbed harry's discarded shirt from the floor and threw it on, much to harry's dismay.

after the two showered, with kisses littering bodies, they raced downstairs to be greeted by a happy percy.

they cooked dinner together making the kitchen a mess, but the mess was worth it because the food was delicious. they sat eating and talking and laughing.

and after five months of blossoming emotions within, they were finally in full bloom.