s e v e n t e e n

delilah was twenty one in three days, and harry had a plan for the big day. he refused to tell delilah anything because he knew if he were to let one detail slip, everything would come tumbling out like an avalanche. the only thing he may have had to tell her was that they would be leaving town and boarding a plane.

delilah immediately began pushing for more answers and hints, but harry held his tongue. he was on his way to pick up delilah to head to the airport, and fulfilled her wish of calling when he was near.

she answered the phone with a chirpy voice and excitement. "harry, i can't believe you won't tell me what we'll be doing, or where we're going. do you have any idea how hard it is to pack when you have no idea what's going on?"

his deep chuckle rumbled through the phone and reassured delilah on the other end. "so you haven't even packed yet?"

there was a pause while delilah stared at her empty bags. "i have one bag, but the other will get done, i promise." noises were heard in the background, then delilah's quiet cursing.

"are you okay over there?" harry asked with amusement. "i'll be there in about twenty minutes."

"i'm trying to finish cleaning before i hop in the shower. i'll leave the door unlocked for you in case you get here before i'm done. see you soon," delilah said before hanging up.

as he continued the drive, his heart was beating at a rapid speed while hopes of delilah's approval flooded his mind.

when he arrived at her door he turned the knob, remembering she left the door unlocked. the old door took a bit more force to open, but once it was harry was greeted with a spotless apartment.

it smelled like delilah, light and sweet. he heard the shower running and delilah's soft hums. he smiled at the simple thought of her and how he would have her all to himself for the week. he knew he was so in love with delilah, and her soul.

he loved her kindness, he loved her warmth, he loved the side of her she only let him see, he loved her passion for learning, and he loved her.

they were a match made in heaven, but were temporary like a life on earth. the hurricane of emotions had been brewing for half of a year waiting to explode into the whirlwind of passion. there was such an indescribable pull between the two souls, but they both avoided that last move to meet and become one with a collision. the timer was ruling their fate in the most unfortunate way.

harry picked up a book that was laying on her bedside table and skimmed through the frail pages. he saw notes written throughout the entirety of the book. as he went to set it back down, a piece of paper fell out of the back. when he picked it up and unfolded it he read the first few lines out of curiosity before realizing her birth mother had written it.

immediately he felt guilty for even touching the book that must have been hers and placed the paper back and set it on the table.

not long after, delilah waltzed into her room with a towel wrapped around her only to see harry laying there on her bed. she had seen his shoes at the front door when she exited the bathroom and knew he must have been in her room.

when harry saw the glowing beauty standing there in nothing but a towel he smirked. her skin was silk and he wanted to feel every inch of her divine flesh and show her how much he admired her, but they had a plane to catch.

"how was the drive?" delilah asked as she wandered toward her drawer of undergarments.

"long, but definitely worth it," his cheeky smile was prominent, but was quickly replaced with parted lips and dark eyes when delilah dropped her towel, exposing her skin to harry and driving him wild.

delilah had truly transformed regarding her confidence in herself. there she was teasing harry while she slipped on her dark red underwear at a torturously slow speed. just as the fabric snapped against her skin when she let it go, harry took long strides across the room with his control barely being kept at bay.

his hot breath ghosted over her neck while his hands roamed her bare stomach, chest, and breasts. delilah released shaky breaths when his thumbs rubbed over her nipples, and harry was getting his turn at teasing.

when one of his hands trailed down her torso and between her legs, he became her full source of support due to her shaky legs. whimpers and pants filled the room as delilah reached absolute bliss and harry found complete satisfaction in knowing delilah was his for that moment.

+

"i really like the feeling of airports if they're all like this," delilah smiled as they walked to their gate entrance. she found out their destination when they arrived at the airport and had to have their tickets checked.

"i really can't believe you brought an entire bag filled with your books," harry laughed. "but i guess the view of your bum in those pants makes it all worth while."

delilah turned around quickly and shot him a surprised glance and blushing cheeks, looking around to make sure no one else heard his comment. harry sent her a smug grin and shrugged his shoulders.

"i'm so excited to see the beach! i can't swim, but that's okay. did you know that the proportion of people that visit the beach that can't swim is roughly one out of three?" her eyes were shining as she thought of what else harry had planned for that trip.

harry laughed in adoration at what delilah blurted out. he was so happy she was excited, and hoped he would be able to fulfill her expectations because he knew she deserved even more than he could ever offer her.

when their plane boarded, delilah became giddy when she felt the plane move and stared out of the window with such interest. harry never had a problem with flying, but it also wasn't his favorite thing. however, there was something about that specific flight with delilah that made him absolutely love flying.

although it was only a four hour flight, delilah had fallen asleep and had her head supported by harry's shoulder. her cheek was smushed and soft snores slipped past her lips.

harry loved delilah dearly, but he hated the clock.