Chapter 5 - Dishonorable

I landed on the side of the road in a grassy knoll, I drew my gun keeping low as I moved back to the roadside, Coalition vehicles were parked around the crash site. I had this horrid feeling of dread welling up inside me. I balled it up and turned it into rage, almost primal. I broke into a run my coat flowing behind me in the breeze, blades extended, I slid under a pistol shot, slicing through the tendons in my assailant's wrist and snatching his gun out of midair, I used my blade arm to hold him as a human shield before dropping his comrades with double tap headshots, I finished the skirmish by slicing my shields throat and letting him drop. I then heard a scream from the woods, still reeling off of my primal energy, I slid over the coalition SUVs bonnet and sprinted towards the woods, smashing my way through the trees. I found the source of the screams.

Lilly was bloody on the floor with her shirt torn, it took me a second but I realised that the coalition didn't have honourable intentions. "hey bastardiaid", they all turned to me as I tossed the pistol over their heads to lilly, engaged both my blades, ducked to stab the closest 2 in the crotch as they tried to punch me, I flipped them over my shoulders as Lilly double tapped the last 2. "Hey kiddo you okay?".

She just looked empty as I handed her my coat, I took an oath at that point to destroy the coalition no matter what treaties the government had. As my adrenaline wore off I realised the sound of an engine starting up so I busted out of the woods and double tapped the coalition driver in the forehead. I drop kicked the passenger through the front windshield while Lilly ripped open the backdoor to see Gibbs cuffed and beaten in the back seat, after we uncuffed him we took a coalition vehicle each and drove back to the warehouse.

2 weeks later

"Come on Lilly! You can take this old man!" Gibbs had perked up in the past few days, I guess I gave his life purpose again with the regular training. Lilly is progressing nicely with the sparring she had been doing with gibbs however she still wasn't a match for me as I ducked under her pistol shot and swept her legs from under. "Well done kiddo, you actually drew your pistol this time." I giggle light heartedly while pulling my hood down. "Maybe next time you'll hit me back Charles" Lilly glided away towards the stairway "race you to the roof!!" she shouted before bolting through the door, I turned and vaulted through the open window before gripping a drainpipe and throwing myself up to the second floor window ledge then reaching up to the drainpipe again and throwing myself up above the third floor to the roof ledge and rolling onto the roof just a few seconds before Lilly burst through the rooftop door.

"How do you always beat me?" she gasped breathlessly. "Pressure makes diamonds out of coal" I returned smugly "or dust out of diamonds" she retorted. Gibbs called up on the radio "you two done flirting?, We got weapons training now." We all laughed and made our way down to the armoury. 'You're a cheeky shit when you're happy Gibbs." I punched his arm, "Right let's get on with this" I pick up a rifle from the table "This is the french commando bullpup rifle the G2, It looks very similar to the carbine version the french FAMAS. Both have been in service since the 70s, This is important why?. Lilly?" I asked. "Uh I don't know Charles" she replied apologetically "so we know the type of firing bolt Charles" Gibbs stated

"Well done Gibbs, guns from ww2 up until the 80s were typically open bolt which made the gun overheat and threw the cases out the side randomly often burning fellow allies nearby the shooter." I turned towards the shooting range and attached a suppressor to the rifle, Lilly stepped up eagerly ready to show off her shooting skills, after handing her the rifle she let off 3 shots and took down all 4 targets. "Well done Lilly I see you've been working on your ricochets" She grinned mischievously.

TTD : The Manजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें