Prologue

It all started about three years ago... my friend and I were helping Klaus find some werewolves only, we sent him to a bunch of witches who didn't like him. You could imagine how that went. Klaus was vengeful after he killed the witches. He killed my friends too. I live as she is dead,  bright future gone. The way I see it is that now, I have to live for the both of us.

Once we found out the witches were dead we fled the city, then the state. We split us after that, I heard about her death from some vampires who are also on the run. I knew Klaus was powerful and all, but I didn't know he  grudges for so long. One vampire I met said they have been running for 200 years.

I can't run from Klaus that long. On his list of people to find I'm in the top five. Not only that, but I also am a cursed child. My dad was a bad vampire who made his life mission to kill witches. Of course witches weren't too happy, so they cursed him. They gave him the power of having a child that is half vampire, half human, but the child would constantly be hunted. The childs blood would serve many purposes, healing, doppelganger, and human blood all in one.

My blood is very rich, and Klaus will stop at nothing till he gets it. I move around as often as I can. Unfortunately I can only move around in the summer. It's a good thing I can compell people, otherwise I'm screwed. My mom and dad were both murdered when I was 10, I was away at a friends and when I came back... nothing but a dead human and a vein covered vampire.

Word is that Klaus looks through school records to see if anyone is leaving schools too often.

I only have one more year to get through though, then I will be able to move around without being tracked. The first day of school is in two days and I'm trying to keep a low profile. I bought casual clothes that aren't too fashionable, but not too lame either.

The name I go by is Stephanie  Marshall, it's my mom and dad's first names. That way I always feel like they are with me. That's why I always stay in a 2 bedroom house. That way I can pretend that one day I can come home to them. See them smiling again, but I never do.

It's pretty lonely being me, I can't let anyone get close to me so that they won't get hurt, or find out my secret. I know it's the safest way to go, for them and me. A good thing about being half vampire half human is that I can live off of blood or human food. It comes in handy when you don't want to attract attention to yourself.

One more year.

That's what I tell myself. Then I can take myself away, without any paper trail, maybe then I will be able to get close to people. Maybe then I won't feel so alone.

One more year.