Chapter 6: Betrayal

Did I just hear that right? James isn't who I thought he was. He didn't want to help me he just wanted to help himself! I was so stupid.

I quietly shut the door knowing I didn't need to hear anything else. I wasn't about to let James use me after he lied to me. I'm getting the hell out of here. I've escaped Klaus on my own before. I don't know why I thought I needed help this time.

I quickly exit out the back door and look back to make sure James wasn't following me. As I step forward I step right into a wall causing me to fall on my butt.

"Where are you off to?" James asked tilting his head in curiosity.

"Uhh...just going for a walk." I replied.

"Oh I'm sure you were." He said sarcastically. "You heard didn't you?"

"I can't believe I thought for even a second I could trust you." I said throwing away the act.

"So you did hear, good. Now I'm done with the nice facade. You see I have been on the run from Klaus for a lot longer than you have and you are a fool if you think you will ever fully escape him. I am trying to tie up the loose ends. Negotiating with Klaus is the only way for him to leave you alone. Unfortunately for you, your type of being isn't something Klaus will probably ever let go."

"So you're thought is just to use me to get you're freedom because you figure I have no chance in mine?" I clarified.

"Exactly." He nodded.

"Makes sense, although you forgot one important factor. I don't give up easily. I will keep fighting to get away until I'm dead. When there is a will there is a way." I explained. 

"You're right. That's why  I brought this." He held out a gun. 

That was enough for me to stand perfectly still. A vampire I can fight off, a gun, not so much. 

"Now, we're going to sit here and wait for Klaus to show up." He told me.

So we just went inside and sat on the couch. 

The silence was killing me. It left me alone with all of these thoughts. I am so stupid.

"How do you know Klaus will even let you go after he get's me back. What's to stop him from just killing you?" 

"Well you see, I had a little insurance. You see that day we met at Starbucks I already knew who you were. I had a witch there with me who did a little spell. You see if Klaus kills me, or hurts me in anyway, the same thing happens to you." He smirked

"You had me linked to you?!" I shouted

"Yup." 

"No, no way your lying." I told him. 

"Oh am I now." He smirked getting up and walking into the kitchen. 

"What are you doing?!" I asked. 

"Proving it to you." He shrugged taking out a knife. 

I watched in horror as he stabbed himself in the stomach. I looked down and saw the blood running from my own stomach. 

I forgot to mention one thing about me. You see with the spell of being a half vampire, half human, well the human side gave me the doppelganger blood and sadly, my healing ability. So I can get hurt and sick. Although it doesn't take as long for me to heal as a normal human. It still hurts as if I was human. 

So getting stabbed in the stomach didn't feel great.

"AHH!" I screamed holding my stomach and falling on the floor. 

"Okay so now that that's done," James said grabbing me and dragging me up and out the door. 

As we got out he let go of my arm and I fell to the ground still holding my bleeding stomach. 

"Oh my god Stephine!"  I heard a familiar voice say. 

"Klaus?" I asked. 

"What did you do to her?" Klaus asked shoving his hand through James' chest. 

"Klaus!" I choked in panic. 

He looked back and saw the blood now gushing from my chest. 

"Oh Klaus," James laughed. "Steph and I are linked." 

Klaus was instantly by my side. 

"Are you okay?" He asked in panic.

I just nodded. My eyes getting heavier and heavier by the second.

The last thing I remember before I passed out was Klaus demanding James to tell him how to undo the spell.