Chapter 1: First Day Surprise

It's my first day at Little Lake High School. It's in a small city with only one other high school. It's located in Oregon, the opposite side of the country from where I last saw Klaus in New York.

You would think I would be nervous for the first day of senior year, especially being the new kid. I'm not though, see I don't need to be liked by anyone, I just need to stay below the radar and make it through this last year.

One more year.

As I walked up the stairs I wasn't surprised, it looked just any normal high school would. It had steps that lead to the four main doors. Little Lake High School in big letters above the main entrance. People all around were hugging and waving to each other like it's been forever. In truth though it's only been 3 months at the most.

"Hello and you are?" The short haired blond asked from behind the desk. He sounded like he was crushed on time, but also still friendly.

"Stephanie Marshall, it's my first day." I shrugged.

"Alright, here." He said handing out a stack of papers. "That is your class schedule, a map of the school, and highlighted routes to each class."

"Thank you." I nodded taking the papers.

"Sure, if you have any questions just ask." He responded.

I nodded and left the room. As I was making it tomy homeroom, room 319 I noticed something lacking in my teachers name. All my other classes had teachers name, minus my english class, and teachers assistant period. Those were all held in room 319.

Once I got to the room I looked for anything out of the ordinary. This room looked exactly like any other, it had a teacher desk in the front, bookselfs with all types of literature; Fiction, Poetry, nonfiction. Everything looked normal, almost too normal.

*Ring

Students slowly started making there way in to the class. I sat in the back row, hoping no one would notice the new girl.

As soon as the second bell rang people started glancing at the door, waiting for the teacher to walk in. I became uninterested once the three minute mark passed.

"Good morning class, sorry to be late, this is a big day for me." My eyes shot out of the socket when I heard that voice.

"My name is Mr. Klaus Mikealson. You may call me Klaus if you would like."

At this point my heart is pounding on my chest demanding to be set free. How? When? Where?

Klaus had found me! I need to get out know!

"I understand you all are seniors, the last year of high school. Well I want to make a good impression so I will give you guys a free period today, feel free to ask me questions, talk to your peers, and just relax." He stated, smirking at me when I met his eye.

Everyone cheered and hollered for freedom, where I was screaming on the inside for a different reason.

I felt his eyes on me and met them. He motioned for me to come up to his desk. After a huge mental debate, I decided to face him.

"You hid pretty well, what it is it now Stephanie?" He said flipping through the papers on his desk.

"How did you find me?"

"Well it wasn't that hard love. I just had everyone I knew looking for you."

I was still having a hard time processing this. Klaus sitting in my senior english class. I tried to be so careful, but yet here he is.

"What game are you playing Klaus? If you knew where I was why not just kidnap me?" I asked.

"Well if I did that it wouldn't be nearly as fun, plus your face when you heard my voice was priceless."

As I was talking to Klaus I was analysing my choices. I mean I can't stay here. I need to get away from Klaus.

So I did I walked away. I went straight to the door and walked away. I needed to leave, get out of this city, this state, as far away from Klaus as possible.

I made it two classrooms down before he was in front of me.

"You wouldn't be running away from me now, would you love?" He smirked already knowing the answer. "Because if you were, I have hybrids all over waiting to stop you. You might be strong love, but not strong enough to escape me."

He was right, as I looked around, I saw the 'random' students roming the halls. I was trapped. Forced to play by Klaus' rules.

"Now be a good student and go back to class Ms. Marshall." He smirked in victory.

He knew he had one this one and that I was screwed.