Chapter 13: Resolving Problems

Sorry about the spacing problems, Wattpad is being weird on my computer! Enjoy!

----------

As you can imagine I wasn't alone for very long, Klaus never lets me have the last world. He's been knocking at my door for the last 30 minutes. I'm surprised he hasn't just broken the door down.

"Com'on Steph, open the door." He said softly.

I wanted to. I wanted to open the door, talk it out with Klaus, and for everything to work out. But I knew that it wouldn't play out that way. Klaus is just here for my blood. I'm glad he treats his hybrids with the respect they deserve, but I can't help but think I'll never be more than a blood bag to him.

I also don't know how this whole relationship thing goes. I've been running my entire life. I don't know how to stay in one place, with one person. Even right now my body is telling me to run. It would be easier that way. But I'm tired of it. I might have been alive for 17 years, but I haven't lived a single one.

With that thought I finally went over and opened the door.

"Finally, I thought I was going to have to bust in myself." Klaus laughed.

I just gave him a small smile as I walked back to my bed.

"So..." He started.

If it was any other time I would have laughed at the great Klaus Mikaelson being so nervous.

"So." I replied.

"Look um, I know you think that this is only a game, that I don't care about you. But the truth is, I do. Every part of me is telling me not to. Love is a vampire's greatest weakness and when you were gone I realised how much of a weakness you are to me. People are going to keep coming after you to try and get to me. I don't just want hybrids to protect me anymore, I want to be able to protect you."

"Klaus, com'on. I'll never be more than the blood you need to create hybrids." I admitted.

"Did you not listen to a word I just said?" He paused grabbing my face with his hands. "I don't just want the hybrids for me anymore, I want them for you too. I'm willing to have a weakness for you."

"Tell me something, is this just part of your scheme to make me fall in love with you." I said as we stared intently into each other's eyes.

"Steph, the only reason why I said that is because I already started to fall for you." He replied.

I didn't know how to respond, Klaus is falling for me? That doesn't even seem real. I've spent so much time running I'm not sure how to settle down with someone. I mean how can I settle down with the person I've spent so much time running from? Will he ever fully be able to look past the blood in my veins, like he says he can? This is a lot to digest. I don't even-I was cut off from my rant as Klaus' lips met mine. I immediately was lost in the moment and all my worries were put on pause.

"Just give it a chance love." He pleaded as we separated.

"I'll think about it." I teased.

"Oh you'll think about it?" He laughed as he started to tickle my sides.

"Klaus... Stop... I can't...Breath." I laughed.

"Com'on the boys are cooking dinner, you must be hungry." Klaus said after he stopped tickling me.

As we walked down stairs it was no surprise that the boys had to make a comment.

"Awe did Mom and Dad make up?" Blake teased.

"Finally all this arguing was getting exhausting." Asher sighed as he took a seat.

"Whatever, I'm starved." I replied walking into the kitchen.

There was a delicious bowl of spaghetti and garlic knots sitting on the table. One of my favorites. That night with all of the boys was one of my favorites. We just sat around the table eating food and reminiscing on old times. Like this one time when Blake put hot pink hair dye in Asher's shampoo, or when I woke up to a face full of whip cream. There was never a dull moment with these guys. I think that's why I enjoy being around them. I'm so used to trying to be boring and blend in. It's nice to just kick back and have fun with some friends. I wish things could stay this way forever. I wish I could just live in this one moment. But I knew life wasn't like that, the second things start to get good, something will bring you back to the darkness.