PREFACE

This will be my first time publishing anything at all, so please kindly support my writing and don't judge too harshly. This is going to be a diary of my time as a youth corps. If there is any question or comments you have, feel free to drop it here or DM me.
This might be strange for people who have never heard of the scheme before. But basically, NYSC (National youth service corps) is a compulsory year long scheme undergone in Nigeria immediately after tertiary education. It is one of the criterion for joining the work force. You have to serve your country in any part of the country the government choose to deploy you to. You can be deployed to any of the 36 states in the country, irrespective of the side of the country you are from. The federal government pays each Corp member a sum of 19800 every month (sort of like a maintenance/appreciation fee). Then the state you get posted to and your primary place of assignment (referred to as ppa) determine whether you deserve additional money or not.

The scheme was established in 1973 under General Yakubu Gowon and aims at fostering national unity and acceleration of socio-economic development using abundant manpower from graduates of higher learning.
The scheme has plenty objectives which I won't bore you with because I hate boring and am assuming y'all do too. You will learn more about it as it goes.
Although this is my diary, you might get other people's experiences once in a while just to get a broader idea on what service year is like. There are some terminologies that will come up like ppa, cds, Otondo, Ajuwaya etc. But you will learn more about this as you read on.
So please your support will be highly appreciated, and please be lenient. Don't kill my morale, after all servicebyear is all about boosting the morale 😂 😂😂 . Thanks y'all.