CAMPING IN POTISKUM [EXTRA]

Author's note ***This isn't actually a new chapter. Just an addition to my previous post. Will eventually edit it and combine the two together though. So I was made to realise, there are some people I managed to skip in my previous post. Still can't believe I did. So my sincere apologies.
______________________________________

     So apparently my village people decided to plot against me uploading some pretty important people. Or maybe it's their own village people 😁😁😁. Anyways, my time at the clinic won't be complete without a mention of Dr Osaro, Dr Kaycee, Israel and his crew and a couple of others. I also realised my bee eff eff deserves his own paragraph.
     Dr Osaro is a personality to be reckoned with at the clinic. He is really funny and got this whole Benin personal going for him. Back in camp, he was one of those people who called out the lies hidden in all those fake medical reports brought to camp. Like no sugar coating of any sort. And there were some pretty wierd cases. And he can pretty much crack you up with anything. If medicine doesn't work out for him, he will definitely shine as a comedian. 😁😀. (in Dr Osaro's voice, 🎶🎵chop akara today moinmoin no dey.......... 🎵🎶).

See that guy I seemed to be in a conversation with? Yea, that's Dr Osaro

     Dr Kaycee, he didn't stay long in camp but he still needs to be mentioned. He was the only doctor in camp who took the time to listen to my complaints and prescribed drugs to me. All the other doctors just go "you are the one in charge of the drugs, go and use something" (which is not cool by the way. You aren't supposed to discriminate between patients). I really missed him after he left camp. He recently just got married too. So though I wasn't chanced to attend the wedding. Congratulations doctor, may the good Lord bless your new home and bless you with wonderful kids.

Dr Kaycee on the left

     HANIF SALIS. My awesome bee eff eff. Met him at the clinic when he came to see our dear consultant who happened to be his friend. He seemed like just another face in camp at first but then I heard his name and I was like cool. So started to talk to him and we just hit it off. I would love to say he wrote a letter of application for the post of BFF and after so much consideration I deemed him fit for the post and gave him the job. But nah, it didn't play out that way. He is smart, cool, has a nice name, has a brother with an even cooler name who is smarter too😉😉, and if I should rate his awesomeness on a scale of zero to me😜😝, he tried.

Myself and my BFF

Myself and my BFF.

     Let me take a moment to acknowledge my platoon peeps. Those guys were just the bomb. I can remember the morning drills I managed to attend. Our man-o-war instructor wasn't so good with chants, but mehn! The chants those guys came up with were just fantastic. And we never really plan so far ahead for the camp programs, we were all just for the fun and then we wing it at the last moment. Have always been classified with those set of people. We appear unserious at first glance just to throw you of your game, and then BAM!!! Shock you at the last moment. Israel and friends were in my platoon and I got to say I had fun with those guys.

 Israel and friends were in my platoon and I got to say I had fun with those guys

That's Israel and his friend painted green

Myself Dr Ferdinand and platoon commander.

    Another advantage of my time in potiskum was the trip to town to get drugs for the clinic. The two pharmacies we patronized really appreciated us o. They give us discounts and most importantly, they give me free drugs. There was a time that we went out and I had a cold. The guy was like pharmacist you have cold? When I affirmed it he asked me to pick any cough syrup I wanted for free. Sometimes when I get things for myself and I tell them it was for me, they either give me discount or give me for free depending on the price. Have been in Osun for a while now and nobody cares 😭😭😭.