2.CAMPING IN POTISKUM YOBE

I learnt from my experience in camp that camp is how you make it out to be. For some people, camp might have been boring and a waste of time or downright hell. As for me, I made up my mind before leaving my house to have the time of my life come what may. And I got to say "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED".
Camp was fun, at least from my point of view. I arrived in camp the day before camp officially opened with three strangers (but also Corp members) that I met in the car from Abuja to Yobe. Two of whom coupled with five other girls later became my roomies. With the eight of us in one room, our room was a crazy town. All fun and no dulling. There was teasing, and gisting through the night and we even had whatsapp group (which is still functioning by the way) for when we weren't all together. There was Grace "Calabar", Grace "Warri", Fina baby, Nkechi, Mama Gold, Lola "the quiet one", Blessing, and yours truly.
In camp, you meet loads of people with different background and upbringing. And the only thing you might have in common is been a graduate. I remember this day in camp, that my Warri roommate rained curse on a girl for leaving her sh*t wrapped up in the bathroom and releasing this vulgar fragrance to the whole corridor. The babe came out and started defending her action. She didn't even have the decency to apologize and discard it herself. And that is somebody's future wife o (just saying). At the end of the day a total stranger settled the whole thing by discarding it herself. So to all male Corp members out there, well you can still take those girls out and spend your allawee on them. Who am I to deprive you or them of that. But if you see the probability of a will you marry me in the nearest future, kindly pay a surprise visit to her crib o. Just saying 😀😀😀. Not all that glitters is gold. Some of this babes are all fleek outside but not so much inside.
Back to me. Camp food was edible, I stopped going to maami the second time I went their and realised it wasn't too far from camp standard. I later learnt I didn't patronize the right spot, but hey I got to keep my money. Our wake up time wasn't totally bad and the soldiers weren't as strict as I was expecting. As a pharmacist and "The Chief Pharmacist" in camp, I basically spent 80% of my time in camp at the clinic. I used my clinic I.D card sometimes when I have to leave the clinic during programs or when I have to get stuffs from maami 😀😀😀 and after light out at times when I have to go back to my room from the clinic.
I participated in the morning drill a total of four times and made sure to enjoy my time doing it. But let's face it, the timing and the weather just doesn't work. So other times I stayed faithful to my duty at the clinic because of the cold. I also made sure to participate in my platoon drill. And it was fun. I am proud to say I participated in all the activities and I have pictures to show for it.