3.YOBE CORPER TURNED OSUN CORPER

Authors Note: I know my story is basically still my note, but this is different. Just want to take a Time to appreciate anyone reading this and to remind you how much I will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
______________________________________

     During registration for NYSC, myself and a couple of my friends decided to choose one of three states (adamawa, yobe, and bornu) that had automatic redeployment because it seemed like the perfect plan to still get another chance to redeploy back to our state of choice. Hence, how I landed myself in Yobe. With all my fear of Boko Haram though, and all the scares in camp too. There was actually a Time I was in the state coordinator's office and he got a call saying there was a rumour that our camp had been bombed and we were under attack. Disclaimer:- There was no attack on us through out our stay on camp, even though my dear friend Imelda who finished from University of maiduguri gave us some survival tips back then in camp.
     Nigerians!!! Chai!!! When will we stop been rumour mongers. Dr Adeyemi actually told me after he left camp that he met a senior colleague who didn't believe he camped in potiskum, Yobe because according to him, it was in the newspaper that we all got bombed. Maybe some of all the news from up north are true, but most of them are over exaggerated. Because there was infact an attack in Yobe while we were in camp. But it wasn't even in potiskum. So to all that cares to know, there was zero death counts in potiskum camp batch B stream 2 2016.
     Anyways, I applied for redeployment like the majority of the corpers in potiskum and I got the state of my choosing (insert happy dance 💃💃💃). Service year was already looking promising. Osun state here I COME (insert more happy dance).
     Have always wanted to serve in Osun state. Don't ask me why, because am not too sure. My guess however is that it's because of money and proximity to home. But that apparently was the old Osun. It's still close to home, but the money? That was past glory.
     Journey to Osogbo was totally uneventful. Except for when I stopped over in Kano to stay overnight and realised how beautiful the city is. I plan on going back there when am chanced. The city is beautiful. And so are the people in it (if you know what I mean 😉😉). My BFF got redeployed to Kano and he is supposed to be on a mission "Find me a beautiful hausa boo". Still awaiting the end result of his hunt.

OSUN STATE "state of the living spring" (or as recently called "land of virtue").
     I almost redeployed to Kaduna when I got to NYSC headquarters Osogbo and I was told the place I wanted as my PPA was not taking corpers. I also heard Ogbeni was owing corpers for months. I did not redeploy all the way from Yobe to come and suffer in Osun. So I told them at the headquarters they could have their form back (I didn't fill the redeployment registration [or whatever it's called] form they gave me). So I decided to go home and think about a solution or get out of Osun asap. That day was my birthday by the way, and they almost ruined it. I had to console myself by going to Ostrich (a bakery/restaurant in Osogbo) to go and spend some money on over priced edibles, just to make myself feel better. Have I mentioned my 19,800 finished in Abuja? Like that money didn't even get me to my state of redeployment. Somebody really needs to do something about increasing that money by the way, it finishes before you can finish the first verse of Korede Bello's Godwin song. By then I was already leaving on internship savings. So not getting paid in Osun wasn't an option.
      That same afternoon I gave myself a prep talk and decided to go to Akol pharmacy (a popular pharmacy in Osogbo) to see if they could slot me in as staff. Long story short, I saw the MD but he gave me a response that I didn't like (to say it nicely) and been the good girl I am I thanked him and left. But when I got to my friend's place I started lamenting about what he said and how his reply actually pissed me off. And alas! Not only did it feel good letting it out, it also got me a job at my present ppa. There was a woman who happened to be there when I was having my tantrum that suggested I try Lautech. She apparently works there and gave us her number to give her a call the following monday. She was going to find out on our behalf whether they pay and try to get me in. I also made a couple of calls to some places, went to Ilesa to check out some community pharmacies too. I gave her a call the following Monday and long story short, I now work at Lautech. She later became my Big Sis from another mother. Meeting her was really a blessing because not only did she help get me a good PPA, she also helped set up my present accommodation and basically there for me if I need anything till now.
     One thing I love about Osogbo is transportation. You can practically navigate yourself from any point to anywhere within Osogbo. And it is really cheap too, compared to the amount am used to. Accommodation was a little challenging but I eventually got one to my taste. I spent a lot on agents, who just end up taking me to houses which were crappier than the last. The house I eventually got was through a fellow corper, no agents involved.
     One thing am starting to detest in this state is the male population. Like have met some really wierd set of guys in my life, but I just met some in Osogbo that really set a record. I hope to get to meet pretty cool ones soon Sha, just so I can be proved wrong and my mindset changed. Because frankly presently they aren't on my list of favourite people to associate with.
     Osogbo doesn't really have much to offer me in terms of leisure. But am hoping to maybe join their golf club. Have always wanted to learn how to play golf. Will check the place out once am fully settled into the routine of PPA, CDS and other NYSC stuffs. It was time to get acquainted with Lautech and get myself a PP (or Locum as some call it) because this babe got needs and money is needed. 😀😀😀.

**** PP means private practice.
CDS - community development services.