5. Community Development Services (CDS)/ PAYMENT VOUCHER (PV)

Author's note: this is a kinda boring chapter, but it's necessary to move on. Kindly read, drop your comments and vote too. And don't forget to read the note under. That's also kinda important.
______________________________________

     So the government decided, since these youths are supposedly serving their country let's maximize them to our advantage. And thus CDS was born. CDS is one of the four parts to be covered during service. It's basically corpers anchoring the development of their host community. You get to be in different CDS groups. Am in medical CDS. You can also choose to embark on individual projects depending on the needs of your host community.
    Being in medical CDS entails loads of things,  which includes setting up of clinic for the NYSC Secretariat, health outreach, First aid administration, and establishment of community based clinic. Here in osun State we cover the first and the second activities. The NYSC clinic is run by us and we each choose a day out of the days of the week to attend to it. That day would be each person's CDS days. Then there will be general CDS once a month where we all come together and talk about things that involves the group. This day can also be used for medical outreach.
     The clinic can get boring sometimes but at least it's a nice break from the strenuous activities of PPA. And you still get to do your job. The fact that there is a small hospital bed to relax when tired is also a much appreciated bonus. It would also help if the clinic can be well stocked with drugs. One of the most annoying things that could happen to a pharmacist is to work in a place with no drugs.
      We have joined the education CDS for outreach on HIV/AIDS and meningitis so far. And we have others to come.
      The people in my CDS group are something else though. You would think because they are a bunch of medical practitioners they would be all boring, geeky and no fun at all. But they are quite the opposite. Starting from our president whom I thought when I first met him was kinda uptight and needed a chill pill. Turns out first impression can be deceiving. They are brilliant individuals who are good at what they do but also know how to have fun. Anyone who really knows me would know I am allergic to boring anyways.
      So we have this whatsapp group that everyone one seems to be in. Like we get all the needed informations (like when to sign the PV, date of meetings etc) through the group. But then our social excos also decided to have game nights and profiling nights too. Game nights are interesting, educative and also involves recharge cards for the winners 😁 😁 😁. But then there is profiling nights when we get to know more about the members. So you will be getting to know them one by one. Unless of course the person profiled doesn't give me approval to put on here.
      PV is the MOST important thing for me. It's basically signing for our paycheck, so yeah! Pretty important. I know it's just 19800 but that is also part of it. It occurs once every month and it's one of the few times I get to meet non medical corpers. I made a couple of friends on those days, though it can be stressful and annoying. What with non moving queues due to people allowing their friends to cut the line so you end up
Spending hours even if you get there early. But the the end of the day, I just have to suck it up and bear with it for one day.

Ps: so the next chapter will be profiling our president. If there is anything you would like to know about him. You can kindly drop as a comment or Dm me and I will be sure to include it. Unless he doesn't answer. So thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment.