二十七 ( j i s o o )

jennie rested her head in the crook of my neck. i felt her tears against my skin and her trembling as she sobbed in my arms.

the younger girl didn't sob for long though. she probably had been pouring her feelings out to herself many nights before until she confessed about them to me. that could've been a reason for the lack of tears she had left.

we had now moved from the hallway to one of the couches in the living room. we still stayed in a similar position after jennie stopped crying. her breathing steadied itself as she played with my fingers.

"thanks for everything, jisoo." she suddenly spoke up. i hummed in response. she then shifted a little. "did you... did you mean the last part of what you said earlier? you know... the part where you said--"

"that anyone would be lucky to be with you?"

"well, more like what you said after that."

"that i would be lucky to be with you?" i asked more carefully.

she nodded and didn't look up, as if she was scared of my reaction/response. i shifted my body so i would be able to look at her in the eye as i answered her. i wanted to make this count and make her understand. "of course, i meant it. i still do. you are an amazing person, jennie. not gonna lie, you can be an annoying ass sometimes." i chuckled. "but i know you are a kind and warm person, despite your harsh and cold exterior."

jennie lifted her head and stared into my eyes this time. "so, would you want to be with me?"

"sure, i would." i replied without thinking too much. that is until i realized jennie was serious. "wait, are you asking me out or it's a regular question?" after that, it seemed like she wasn't able to look me in the eye anymore and i felt like i was losing her all over again. "because i feel like it's a little rushed, don't you think? i mean i just broke up with--"

"don't say his name in my house." her cold voice cut me and made the hairs on my arm rise.

"okay, so i just broke up with him and i mean we just started hanging out again. don't you think we should wait a little longer?"

jennie nodded slowly and sat back up. "alright. so you want to take things slow?"

"yeah... i know you don't do slow, but i need time to get my shit together before getting into a relationship."

"it's okay. i get it. if you want to take things slow, i'm ready to do that for you."

"really? i mean isn't it a little unfair for me to basically ask you to wait for me?"

"you're worth the wait... thanks again for earlier."

that got me to grin like a child. "it's nothing. i was glad i could help."