Chapter 15

"Eh?"

The words played around in Yuu's ears. Shinoa loved him? So Mika was right, she did love him.

"Yuu-san?" Shinoa called feeling embarrassed. "I didn't expect you...to...."

The place was quiet, they were in an akward situation. Shinoa was so confused, she didn't think she could show herself to Yuu anymore after this. She tried to remain calm, this was her only chance to make her sister change her mind.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way Yuu-san but yes I'm in love with you....you're the one I...want to marry." The place was still quiet after that, until Mahiru broke the silence.

"The Hyakuya?" She said. "Isn't he the son of the poor man who just got lucky?" She laughed. "Shinoa, how absurd, he can't give you anything because he has nothing except​ the wealth of Mikaela's mum."

"That's cruel." Shinoa said. "When did you become like this big sister? You were once in my shoes at my age. Have you really forgotten about Guren. I know you two aren't together anymore but-"

"How did you know?" Mahiru got serious, her demeanor changing to an angry one.

"He's left you for a long time now and you kept pretending like he-"

"BE QUIET!" Mahiru yelled. "It's been set Shinoa, you'll be marrying Mikaela Shindo, his grandmother will be here by the weekend to discuss further about this arrangement. Prepare yourself till then." Mahiru left the room, the kids were now alone.

Shinoa looked back to Yuu who still hadn't said a thing to her. "Yuu-san." She walked over to him and reached out to touch him. "You see I-" before she could Mika pulled Yuu back.

"Let's go Yuu-chan." Mika said. He didn't give Shinoa any chance to talk to Yuu but he quickly ran out with him and Yoichi followed.

"Talk about awkward." Yoichi said. He, Yuu and Mika were on their way back.

"It took me by surprise." Yuu said. "I didn't expect any of that. Coming here was a bad idea, now I have my own problems, gently turning her down." Yuu sighed. "But why me? What exactly did she see in me to fall for?"

"Because she's a girl." Mika said. "Sometimes I really hate girls, they fall way too easy for guys. You saved her life and now she thinks her heart has been swept away by prince charming, when I think of it it's so irritating. She doesn't know anything about Yuu-chan, doesn't have real reasons to love him other than he saved her. She's not worthy of loving Yuu-chan."

"Woah Mika calm down, that's way too harsh." Yuu said.

Mika knew, he knew he was being harsh but he didn't care. He really hated girls like Shinoa who didn't know what love was but claimed that were feeling it. girls who fall for a guy just because they're a guy who helped them. It pissed him.

"Sorry Yuu-chan, it's just that this is now all on you. You're going to have to turn her down, then she's going to get all heartbroken and take men as heartbreaking jerks."

Yoichi laughed. "He isn't wrong there. Yuu-kun you should tell her as soon as you can, you're not interested. She'll cry herself to sleep each night and get over it."

Yuu thought that both Mika and Yoichi were being too cruel, but they were right. He didn't have a problem with turning her down though, he had done this plenty of times with different girls and Shinoa was no different, he would simply tell it to her straight with beating around the bush.

"I'll do it tomorrow." Yuu said.

Mitsuba was in her room searching through the films she had, she was looking for one with good humor that ciuldbcheer Shinoa up after Yuu turns her down. It wasn't going to happen, she fell in love with him just because he was good looking and he helped her. Yes romance blossoms between boys and girls but never understood how easy it was for some people to fall in love.