🖤 Chapter 4 🖤

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

James and I made love, after which I fell asleep. It was quite early in the morning and, according to him, the sun wasn't even up as yet.

When I awaken, I feel cold but strangely warm. I open my eyes to find that my naked body is covered with the sheet, but I'm the only one under it. James is not lying next to me in bed anymore. I sit up and look around the room. He's not even in here.

My eyes reach the alarm clock resting on the nightstand that's on the left of the bed, and I see it's only 8:30 a.m...

A small note is on the nightstand as well. I pick it up and see James' manly, legible handwriting, and begin to read:

My dear Erica,

It is unfortunate that I am unable to greet your beautiful face when you wake. The duties of work call for me to work at 5:00 a.m. today, and I had to leave the mansion in a hurry. Sorry.

James.

"Aaarrggghh!" I let out a scream from my throat.

He promised! He promised he would take me to outside today if I were his 'precious angel' last night. And I was!

I get off the bed, rage consuming me, and trash the entire bedroom. The lamp on the nightstand falls victim to my murderous hands, and the nightstand soon follows. After breaking those, I pull the curtains down, and despite the brightness radiating from the fluorescent bulbs fills the room with its intensity, I still rip the curtains.

A few minutes later, after my anger has subsided, I sit on the floor and cry, the feeling of betrayal weighing heavily on my heart.

This is why you don't believe anything that psychos says, even if one of them happens to be your husband, I tell myself. A loving husband doesn't go back on his promises...I think.

A few hours pass me on the floor, still in my emotional turmoil, and my anger only builds up again with every second that ticks away. It is already past noon and my husband still hasn't returned yet.

How could he do this? How could he make a promise like that - to take me outside - only to break that promise? And especially since it's something I've longed for. Disappointment, rage and anguish all hit me at once, and my heart aches.

The bedroom door suddenly opens, and in walks the man that left the note and the broken heart of yours truly. He carries a smile on his face, which quickly vanishes upon seeing the room in a state of affairs.

I scramble to my feet and stand in the middle of the room holding the crumpled note in one hand, and one of the torn curtains in the other. "You back-stabbing, lying son-of-a-bitch!" I yell as I walk towards him.

Giving me a cold glare, he asks, "Misbehaving, are we?"

"Oh, shut up!" I yell. "I want to know why you went back on your word! Why?!"

He closes the door behind him after fully entering the room. "What happened in here?" he asks, ignoring my question.

I growl softly. "This happened!" I held up the crumpled piece of paper in my hand.

"So, you saw my note? Good."

Oh, I saw it, alright. But now, I'd like to saw you into tiny pieces.

"How could you do this to me?" I ask. "You know I wanted to see the outside after so long, and you left without me!"

"Erica?"

"You never keep your word," I continue to argue, inching closer to him. "You always say you'll do something for me, then you divert from it."

"Erica?"

"I hate you, James! I hate you!" I scream, dropping the paper and curtain, and hit him on his chest.

"That's it!" He yells and snaps me out of my infuriated mode by surprise. He grabs my arm and takes me out of the room, dragging me down the hall.

"Let go of me!" I try to wriggle out of his grasp, but he's squeezing pretty tightly.

"If you don't want to abide by the rules..."

Screw your rules!

"...then I'll need to take some extra disciplinary action."

"Let go of me, you bastard!"

But he doesn't let go. He continues to pull me down the hall, down the stairs and past the dining room to the most ungodly part of the mansion - back to the forbidden room.

We stand in front of the black door that leads into the room I never thought I would see, never mind I tried to break in.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote.

☆ MARDAIS ☆