The kiss

-Thank you so much, Zayn! The last guest entered the door. Everyone had arrived, except for Hope and Justin. Hope had texted me and said she was a little late, but Justin. Justin hadn't contacted me in any way, but I kinda understand why.
-Dinner time, everyone! my mum shouted from the dining room. Everybody ran in and sat down where their own names were written in gold on a cup.
They started eating pepperoni pizza, but I didn't. I couldn't stop staring at the empty chair beside me. The chair with my favorite pillow on. The golden pillow I got from my dad.
I decided to move over to Gabz and June instead. I couldn't sit alone at my own birthday party, da'ah!
-So how is your birthday so far? June asked friendly. Her light brown hair was put up in a donut, she looked really pretty.
-Great! I said, trying to fake a smile.
-What's wrong, Lucy? Is it Hope? Was she supposed to sit beside you?
I started to speak, but was suddenly interrupted by mum's singing voice. Oh god, here it comes.
-Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! The rest of the gang started to join her. June still stared at me like I was going to answer her question. I glued a smile on my face as my mum brought the chocolate cake over to me. -Happy birthday, dear Lucy! Happy birthday to you! They finished it off with a loud applause and I mimed a "thank you".
-Here you are, sweetheart. I'm gonna leave you guys alone now, don't worry. Some of the girls laughed at mum's bad joke as she started to walk outside. I giggled a bit too, I admit.
-Come on, blow out the candles! Niall shouted to me.
-Okay, then.
-Blow them, blow them, blow them! they started to yell.
I leaned forward and took a deep breath. I heard something behind me. The door opening and closing.
-Am I interrupting? Justin's soft voice said. I quickly turned around and released the air I had been saving.
-No, just come over here. No problem.
Justin was dressed in a blue suit. His hair was slicked backwards and his perfectly placed teeth came through his little smile. He handed me my gift and I thanked him. We both sat down and I felt myself getting more and more stressed.
-Come on, blow' em! Hope shouted. She had gone trough the kitchen entrance. -Your mother let me in.
-Hey! Come sit firstly! I hugged Hope and she sat down beside me. Even though that seat was for somebody else.
-One, two, three! I blew as I saw one and one candle blow out. I leaned back and smiled, but everyone else looked terrified.
-Um, Lucy? Your dress! Amy shouted carefully and pointed towards me. I slowly looked down. The upper part of my dress was covered in chocolate glaze and rainbow sprinkles.

The cake was ruined and so was I

The cake was ruined and so was I. My eyes pretended to be okay, but inside I felt like a black sky with a dark lunar eclipse on it. No light, no stars.
-Look! One candle still burns! That means you're in love, right? Philip said playfully. People started to laugh and I looked over at Justin. He laughed too.
-Sorry guys. I gotta change. Before I could stand up, June took my hand and whispered:- Are you sure you're alright? I nodded and started jogging lightly upstairs. I didn't want to seem too worried either. It was just a dress. It was just a freaking golden dress. A dress to impress my ex.
I changed into a green dress. It was the only one that fit with the pin in my hair.
When I came down, the mood had totally changed. They were playing truth or dare.
-Hey, Luce! Mable said cheerfully.
-Wanna join?
-Sure.
-Okay, truth or dare, Justin? Philip asked. I didn't trust Philip. He always came up with something stupid to say, and the worst thing about it, was that people liked him for it.
-Dare! Justin yelled. Zayn and Mathew patted his back gently. They looked like best friends...
-You'll regret that, bad boy! I dare you to kiss Hope in front of everyone in this room! Philip shouted evilly.
-What? I said a little too loudly and everybody stared at me.
-Well, I said as I tried to figure out an excuse. -I mean, they should at least have some privacy, right?
People were nodding their heads.
-Okay, birthday girl. They can snuggle over there! He pointed at the kitchen.
Justin and Hope were looking at each other like crazy people planning a robbery.
-Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! People screamed louder and louder.
-Okay! I'll kiss her! Justin shrieked so people would listen.
The boys smirked and the girls looked jealous as hell. I guess I looked jealous too, and indeed I was. I had gotten my new dress ruined, I had used hours taking on makeup, fixing my hair, for what?! For this guy who is about to kiss one of my friends? For this guy who was late to my birthday party and didn't even apologize? I guess so, but from now on, I won't do things for him or any other boy. I will do it for me, cause I can't disappoint myself, right?