Chapter 18: Goodbye (final chapter)

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Taehyung had thought it through. He had weeks to decide, and now he had finally made up his mind: he had to tell his boyfriend. He had to tell him he was leaving.

Jungkook's last class before lunch had ended and he was meeting up with his boyfriend in the same café they usually met up at. He was usually the first one to arrive as his classes were always closer than the other male's, but this time Taehyung already sat on their usual table, seriousness written all over his face. Jungkook had to be honest: he was scared to approach him.

"Hey Tae," he said as he sat down on the opposite seat. Taehyung barely glanced at him, giving a small nod before staring right at the table between them. "Is something up?" he asked nervously.

Taehyung nodded.

"Is it about your 'studying abroad' thing?"

He nodded again.

Jungkook was scared to ask further, so he fell silent.

"I have decided," Taehyung said. It wasn't so long until the deadline came - actually, it was only a week left before he had time to say no, or not. "I'm going."

"You are?" Jungkook asked breathlessly, like he had held his breath. "You're really going?"

Taehyung nodded slowly. "Yes."

"Okay," Jungkook pressed out, forcing his tears back. He certainly didn't want to cry in the middle of the café. He even had class later on, but could he last that long without breaking down in tears? Taehyung was leaving. He was going to study overseas, and he might even stay there, as he had told him before as it depended on the circumstances. "Good."

"Good?" Taehyung asked surprised. "You think it's good?"

"Well, obviously not for me," the other said, "but for you, yeah. You've wanted this for a long time, and I would be sad if you stayed only because of me. I'd feel selfish, so I'm glad you think of yourself and what would truly make you happy."

Taehyung choked back his touched tears. "Jungkookie," he whined quietly, "You really think so?"

Jungkook leaned forward to kiss him affectionately, "I believe so, hyung."

Jungkook didn't know what to do anymore. He obviously was still going to study, like he had wanted his whole life, but with Taehyung gone, it was hard for him.

They were at the airport, waiting for his boyfriend's plane. "I'm really gonna miss you," Jungkook said in their tight, longing hug. He didn't want to let go, and neither didn't the other.

"Me too," the elder murmured, sending shivers down his spine. "We'll keep in touch, yeah?"

"Definitely."

They had agreed to call their relationship off, as they wouldn't know what the future would hold for both of them. Taehyung wasn't sure how it'd be for him the next years, but they still loved each other dearly. He wanted to keep contact with the younger and keep him updated about his life, but having a distant relationship for such a long time would only be hard for both of them.

"Have fun in America hyung," Jungkook forced out a smile so he wouldn't worry the other, "try not to miss me too much," he chuckled.

Taehyun grinned. "You too, kid," he winked before he kissed him on the forehead. It lasted longer than he intended, just because he didn't want to leave his skin, as he could it would be his last. "Goodbye Jungkookie." He held back his tears so the two wouldn't start bawling like two giant kids at the airport, knowing well they wouldn't stop anytime soon.