7: Best mistake

Be kind. For everyone you meet is going fighting a battle you know nothing about.
•••
(Mikey)
Your pov

"You're a fucking dick James!" I yell at my dick of a boyfriend.
"I haven't done anything y/n! Its your fault you can't take a punch!" James has been abusing me for the past few months now. I don't go out anymore because i'm embarrassed about my body, it's covered in cuts and bruises. I haven't had the guts to leave him, i know what he's capable of. But i have to be brave. I have to be strong. I can do this.
"Im done." I say turning towards the door
"No," James says grabbing my arm stopping me from going "You're staying here!" I tug my arm away and sprint down the apartment block stairs. Once im half way down the stairs and i hear James yell "I don't care anyway you cunt, i have plenty more chicks to have!" I just roll my eyes and push open the buildings door.
I've been walking for around 15 minutes and it's really dark and its started raining. Great. Im just wearing some black leggings and a grey t shirt with my black running shoes. I can't order an uber because James never let me have a phone incase i 'get in contact with other guys'. I find an old bus station and sit on the bench and bring my knees up to my head.

Mikeys pov

I was filming a skit for my channel and i found and old bus station which was great for one of the skits. I set up the camera and was about to start filming when i saw a girl on a bench a short distance away from me. she wasn't wearing a jacket and it was pouring with rain so i went up to her.
"Hi, are you okay?" I ask and she lifts her head up, god she is beautiful.
"Umm ye-No im not." She replies shivering so i take my jacket off and give her it "Thanks."
"So, do you not have a ride home? Or..."
"I don't actually have a home anymore. I just broke up with my boyfriend so i was going to stay here and look for an apartment tomorrow." She says smiling.
"Oh. You could stay at my apartment for the night if you want?"
"It's fine honestly, i've done this quite a few times before." She says.
"Please, i don't want you staying out here on your own in the middle of London in the rain."
"If your sure?" She replies hesitantly
"Of course." I smile and put my hand on her shoulder but she jumps a bit and shifts away.
"Im Mikey by the way."
"Y/n." she smiles. We talk for a little longer, getting to know each other better.
"So if you don't mind me asking, why did you brake up with your boyfriend?" I ask awkwardly
"He was abusive and-" I cut y/n off and give her a hug and she hesitantly hugs back.
"So, do you want to get back to my apartment now?"
"Sure" she replies. I put my camera in my backpack and grab y/n's hand and we run back to my apartment which took around 5 minutes.
"I'll get you one of my t shirts and you can have a shower if you want?"
"Sure, thank you for letting me stay here."
"Thats okay, at least i know you're not sleeping on the streets." Y/n goes into the bathroom and i hear my phone beep

Jack: Hey mate, do you wanna come round for some drinks the rest if the boys are here?
Mikey: I'll have to pass y/n's here
Jack: Oi oi 😉
Jack: Who's y/n?
Jack: Is she hot?
Mikey: Calm down mate 😂 She was sleeping in the old bus station so i offered for her to stay here for the night
Jack: The boys jut cancelled can i come over?
Mikey: sure and she just got out of an abusive relationship so DONT try anything with her!
Jack: I wont I wont i just can't say the same for y/n 😏

*5 years later*
Your pov

"Do you Michael Pearce take y/n to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asks
"I do" Mikey replies smiling
"Do you y/n y/l/n take Michael Pearce to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asks
"I do" I reply, dating James was the best mistake i've ever made.
"You may now kiss the bride."