15: Kids In Love

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations

This is very long so be prepared.
Probably split into 3 parts.

Slight trigger warning (in the beginning).
•••
(Jack)
Age 11
Tillys pov

I wake up and turn my annoying alarm off, its Monday and i've got the dreaded school. Ugh. I really hate school and all the bitches in it.
To be honest i don't really get the point in it, school for 13 years, college for 2 and university for 3 then work until the rest if your life to probably end up getting a job that you don't like or didn't actually want. Like i actually want to live a little bit before i die. No? Okay thanks. Finally get out of bed and check the time on my phone 6:31. Hm, could actually be on time for once. Nah who am i kidding i haven't been on time for school in the past 3 years.
I walk into my bathroom and look in the mirror. God i look gorgeous this morning. Joking, its just a poster of Ariana. I put some some toothpaste on my toothbrush and put some water on it but decide nope im not going to turn the tap off. Because i mean, im a kid and im human so thats what im supposed to do, waste everything and pollute the world. Once my teeth are brushed i walk back into my room and get out my school uniform. Its just the standard, skinny black pants, shirt, navy blue jumper, my tie and black trainers. I put my uniform on and sit down at my dressing table and do my usual side parting hair-my hair is naturally very straight so i don't need to worry about straightening it. When its all done i walk over to the other side of my room. My parents have very well paid jobs so we live in this big house. My room is quite big and has a window that slides up and is big enough for someone to fit through, ive always planned on sneaking out at night and
running everywhere and anywhere. I grab my bag and my bomber jacket. I stuff some money, keys and phone into the pockets and make my way to the door at 7:46.
I walk into our corner shop and get some breakfast, a chocolate bar, coke zero and my dinner a chicken salad, one of those starbucks coffees. The school starts at 8:45 but it takes me at least 45 minutes to walk there. I eat my chocolate and coke and throw the rubbish into my bag.
I got to school at 8:42 at sat at my desk
"matilda"the teacher shouted actoss he class room, here we go again
"matilda" she said again and noone answered, she stood up and walked across the class and tapped me on the shoulder
"hello?" i said and swatted away her hand
"matilda can yo-"
"its tilly."i said cutting her off
"its matilda."she said matter-of-factly, i stood up from my chair and stood infront of her
"no. its tilly."i said death staring her. With that the class started chanting 'fight'
"so tilly what does it say on your birth certificate."She asked cockily
"matilda bu-"How dare she cut me off
"there we have it matilda so-"she said raising her eyebrows
"BUT i do not feel comfortable with my name being used in that presence."
"its matilda, end of."
"you know i have enough things to get you fired"i started, pushing past her and walking to the door and opening it. Unfortunately noone was on the corridor but someone might hear "you see we all know the reason why sam was murdered. it was because you took his phone off him so he couldn't call for help when he was kidnapped. Liv didn-"
"Olivia"
"LIV didn't commit suicide for no reason. it was because you bullied her more than she needed. She was being abused at home by her own family then you just waltzed in here and made fun and jokes about her for having trust issues and didn't want to talk to anyone. But you wanna know why we didn't laugh or join in? Because she told us the truth she trusted us but you, you broke the small bit of trust she had left. She said she was fine but you should've looked into her eyes. Did you even glance at the bruises and cuts on her? You're ruining someone's life. Sorry you WERE ruining someone's life before you gave them that push to end it. You harass us all day without knowing a thing about us. I could just walk out this door right now and get you fired but i don't need to. You think we're all vulnerable kids but we're not. Vulnerable kids wouldn't go to the principal and give him the videos of you bullying and harassing us. Vulnerable kids wouldn't speak out about everything you've done. Vulnerable kids wouldn't get the principal to sit right over there" points to corner of room "and get him to listen and fire you." I'm the only one that will actually stand up to the teachers for this class. People think im stuck up, but im not. Ive just never been surrounded with the right people. The principal takes Miss Hall and gets one of the other teachers to cover, Mr Scott.
"So, Miss' notes are here." he starts blabbering them off but i dont pay attention until i hear my name "Matilda is to look after the new student as you need to make new friends." he trails off, i do have friends but i don't feel like having another argument today. Soon after the boy walks in. Mr Scott gives him his timetable, planner and tells him to sit next to me.
"Hi im Jack Maynard" He says, i admit he is kinda cute but you do not fall for the new boys
"Okay" i say he looks at me expectantly "oh right yeah im Tilly Smirh."
"That was cool what you just did, sticking up for your class."
"Okay" i smile and turn my head back to my phone. God this going to be a long week.