19: Fallen Shoe

The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell

Found on Pintrest
•••
(Josh)
Your pov

I gasped as my shoe fell from the roof of the 10 storey apartment building i live in. My eyes opened in horror as the slipper hit the head of a passerby instead of the cold cement floor.
The young man stumbled and nearly fell by the sudden assault that struck his head.
Dazed, the man looked around for what had hit him and found a plain, lilac slipper. He looked to the roof where he could only assume where the shoe came from and found the me, the young girl from floor seven.
"Hey!"
"Sorry" i called down
He grabbed the fallen shoe and yelled back up at her "Wait right there" he started to walk to the apartment door but walked back "Im Josh"
I hopped off the ledge and wrung my hands together anxiously as she waited. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I debated if i should wait as instructed or flee. If i stayed, i would definitely get an earful. If i left i could avoid him- but face his wrath another day and risk my parents finding out.
Before the final decision was made, the door to the rooftop flew open and the man known as Josh stepped in.
"Is this your shoe?" he asked
I bowed deeply "Im so sorry" Josh sighed at my answer
"Sit down" he instructed and gestured to the ledge. I did as i was told not because i trusted this stranger but because i was too frightened to question his demand.
I shrieked as he knelt down in front of my and lifted my right foot to rest on his left leg.
"W-what are you doing?" i asked surprised as he took the fallen shoe and put it back on my foot.
"It is a gentlemans duty to return a womans shoe." he replied simply, glancing up at me giving me a view of his handsome face
My cheeks flushed a light pink as Josh stood back up "T-thank you..."
A smile tugged at his lips "No need to thank me"
"Wha-"i began as he placed two large hands on my shoulders but was cut short when he pushed me backwards.

Down she fell, a scream stuck in her throat. The last thing she saw before she met the hard ground was the mans back turning around.
They always tell you dont talk to strangers, i guess she should have known.