27: Hide & Seek

Running away from your problems is a race you'll never win

w.c 440
•••
(Byron)
Byron's pov

"Daddy. Ohhh Daddy" I hear my daughter whisper from her bedroom.

I was sat on the couch watching a football game while y/n was at work and our daughter Isabelle was in her room.

"Found you," Isabelle jumps infront of my face startling me slightly "Its your turn to count now daddy."

"Count for what?" I question as i turn off the tv to pay attention to her

"Hide and seek!" she exclaims, a giant smile painted on her face

Crouching down to her height on the ground, "Well, you know i have been crowned king of hide and seek."

"King!" The four year old exclaimed "Did you get a crown too? Oh did you daddy, did you?"

"I did," I start, she seemed mesmerised by the lies i was telling her "but it has to stay locked away until someone else becomes king or queen of hide and seek."

"That will be me." She jumped up and down with her hand in the air "Count to 100" Isabelle called out as she scurried away

"1, 2, 3, 4...96, 97, 98, 99-"

"No! I'm not ready yet." She cried from somewhere in the house "Count to 50 please." I laugh at her

"...49,50. Ready or not here i come" i shout and make my way out of the living room to see a not so well hidden Isabelle..sprawled across the floor with only a rug covering her.

I lift the fluffy grey material off the childs body "Found you."

"But Daddy that isnt fair," she whines crossing her arms over her front "you cheated."

Crouching down to her height, i wipe away the tear that spilled from her eye. "How did i cheat?" i ask softly

"You-You counted too fast and didn't even look for me." she exclaims throwing her arms up over dramatically in the air

"I told you, im the king of hide and seek. But hey, lets play it again and maybe you'll become queen."

•••
WE MOVED!!
We're finally living in Canada and not in England anymore. I'm sorry there hasnt been many updates but we've been trying to get the house finished before December 10th. There's only furniture and stuff to build in the bedrooms now, we still need to apply for mine and Jake's online school and then we'll be done. Im so excited!
We do have a couple of houses back in england that we rent out so obviously we'll be going back there a few times a year.

How are you all doing?
~Eloise x