>0.8<

The next day Maya woke up and got ready for dinner with Lucas's parents and brothers. She put on her socks.
She put on lightwashed high waisted shorts a salmon top and a grey cardigan.
She put some white converse (outfit above)on and curled her hair lightly.

She put on no makeup and checked her phone to text Lucas to tell him to come get her.
He arrived shortly later and when he saw Maya he felt his breath halt in his chest.

She climbed in and smiled.
"What's your mom cooking?" Maya asked.

"I'm not sure. She hasn't told me yet" he said.
After supper with Maya's mom and Shawn he would tell Maya he couldn't see her anymore.

They got to Lucas's house and Maya was hugged by Lucas's 7 year old brother Liam.

Lucas's older brother who looked nothing like him hugged her also and they talked a little while. His names Bradley.

Maya and Lucas went up to his room and played a few video games while Lucas's mom made dinner.

She called them down.

"Oh Maya you look beautiful!" His mom said.

"Thank you Ashley you look beautiful too!" Maya said and hugged her.

Lucas's dad greeted Maya and smiled.

They all sat down at the table.

Ashley had cooked spaghetti and mashed potatoes which were Maya's favorite thing in the world.

They said a prayer and then everyone began eating. Liam had his plate piled to the top.

Maya had a great time and she always enjoyed eating with the Friars. The Friars all absolutely adored her and loved eating with her also.

Liam especially had taken a liking to Maya.

Liam, Bradley, Lucas, and Maya all went upstairs after dinner and doing the dishes.

"I'm so full I'm not sure I can eat supper tonight" Maya smiled at Lucas and he smiled back.

"So Maya I heard you sing" Bradley said while Kim sat in her lip playing with her hair.

"Yea a little. I heard you sing" she said.

"Oh a little" he laughed.

"We should get together and sing sometime" Maya said.

"Really?" He asked.

She smiled and nodded.

"Well the restaurant down the road is looking for a gig in two days. I could hook us up" he said.

"Do it" Maya smiled.

He smiled back. "I'm gonna go make some phone calls"

Lucas looked at his phone and saw the time. They had enough time to watch a few movies.

Maya leaned back against his headboard with Liam and Lucas put a movie in.

After that one ended Bradley was back and another one was put in.

Liam had fallen asleep on Maya halfway through the first one.

The second movie ended and Maya carried Liam to his bed.

She kissed his forehead and left the room.

Her and Lucas said goodbye to his parents and left to go meet with Maya's mom and Shawn.

They finally got to her house and went inside.

Katy had the table set. Shawn was in the living room. He smiled when he saw the two walk in.

Maya went into the kitchen to help her mom with the food while Lucas and Shawn talked about football and the latest with basketball.

The meal was ready and they all sat down and ate.

After supper they visited and Lucas asked Maya to walk him out to his car.

She did and when they got outside he turned to talk to her.

Her hair was blowing around in the wind and he realized he had never seen anyone more beautiful. No Lucas. Bad Lucas. You have a girlfriend.

"I am required to tell you that after tonight we can't hang out anymore" he said.

Maya looked at him.

"Are you joking?" She asked.

"Why would I joke about something like that." He replied.

"Oh. Riley?" Maya asked and he nodded.

"That's fine. I understand. Goodbye Lucas" she said. She was tired of fighting for him.

"Goodbye Maya" he said.

He turned to walk away but Maya stopped him. He felt her crash into his chest. She grasped him tightly and he squeezed her tightly back.

"Lucas. If you leave right now I don't want you to come back when you and Riley break up." Maya said.

"I get it"he said.

"bye huckleberry"

"Goodbye shortstack"

Lucas got in his car and left. Maya ran into her room and picked up the vase. She threw it against the wall and slid down beside the broken glass.

She wiped a tear from her cheek even though she felt numb.

She felt nothing.