>0.9<

Lucas pulled over on the side of the road. He slammed his first against the dash.
Damnit.
He made a mistake.

But she said if he left she didn't want to see him back. He couldn't go back.

He beat on the dash until his hands went numb and then layed his head on the steering wheel.

He gathered himself up and went to see Riley.

At school the next day Maya passed Lucas in the hallway. She said nothing. She gave a small smile as he walked by but she barely acknowledged him. And it hurt.

They got to class and Maya took her seat. It was in front of Lucas. He sat down behind her. She didn't say anything but she kept her eyes on the board.

"How's your day Maya"

She turned around.

"Great. And yours Mr.Friar?"

"Good"

She turned back around.

"So Maya-" she cut him off.

"You made a choice huckleberry. And it wasn't me" she said.

Lucas stayed quiet.

After school Maya went home. She walked in the rain. Usually Lucas would drive her but he was driving his girlfriend.

He got to his house. As he was unlocking his house he realized he didn't care if he lost Riley. He couldn't care less if it meant he got to keep Maya.

He jumped in his truck and sped over to her house.

He knocked on the door and Maya answered with wet hair in some nike shorts and a Nike oversized tee that happened to belong to Lucas.

He wrapped his arms around her and she wrapped hers back around him.

"I'm an idiot Maya. I pick you ok. I pick you because you've always been there. I'm sorry for ditching you. I'm sorry I didn't drive you home today. I love you Maya. I hope you can forgive me" he said.

She smiled.

"Of course ill forgive you. But what about Riley?" Maya asked.

"I'll talk to her. If she still doesn't want me and you to hang out then I'm going to have to break up with her"

Maya smiled slightly.

"I love you so much Lucas Friar"

"I love you too Maya Hart"

And this time when they said it. It was as more than bestfriends. But neither of them knew it yet.