Chapter 24

Warning: small mention of past abuse
Also not my art above, the artist is kittenlipslouis from Tumblr.
Louis's POV
I wake up in my new bed. Well it's been 2 weeks since I first moved in so not new new, but it's new to me. Stretching my limbs, I slowly climb out of bed. The cold wood floors still send chills through my body every morning.

Harry's taking me out to lunch today. I check my bedside table and it's 6:59 just turned 7:00. As usual, Liam knocks on my door, signaling for me to get up. He then opens the door and peaks his head in, making sure I'm actually getting up.

"Morning, Li." I say and he smiles, shutting the door behind himself and making his way downstairs to make breakfast. He was able to get this month off to help me get "accommodated" (as he said) to my new home. I make my way downstairs, rubbing my eyes as my feet drag along the carpet. I slowly walk downstairs, sitting at the table waiting for Liam to finish cooking the food.

He places the plate down in front of me and I thank him. He kisses the top of my head and puts on a jacket. "I need to run to the store, babe." He says and I nod, grabbing the crispy piece of bacon and taking a bite. "Will you be okay on your own?" He asks and I nod, shooing him off.

He just laughs and grabs his keys, leaving through the front door. I finish eating by myself and then I put the plate in the sink, rinsing it off and then placing it in the dishwasher. I then walk upstairs, grabbing a towel and going into the bathroom.

I start the water, testing the temperature with my hand before stripping from my clothes and stepping in. I start washing my body, using the fruity smelling soap on the wash cloth. I start singing that song Harry showed me, Friends by Ed Sheeran.

I close my eyes to stand under the stream of water, rinsing the soap off my body when I feel two hands grab me, one going on my mouth the other around my waist.

I instantly fight, grabbing at the person's skin, scratching and pulling. I hear him cuss and he flips me around, a hand still over my mouth.

"Lou, it's me." He says softly and I instantly relax. Clark. He takes his hand off my mouth and smiles at me, laughing slightly.

"What the fuck?!" I shout and he instantly covers my mouth again.

"Shh, Lou, be quiet." He says and I push him back, making him stumble slightly. Water got on his clothes and on the floor too. I step out the shower, turning off the water, and instantly grab the towel I brought to the bathroom with me.

"What are you doing here?" I say angrily, wrapping the towel around my still wet body. His eyes scan me before he shrugs simply.

"I caught word that they let you out. I wanted to see you." He says. I put my head in my hands and sigh loudly.

"Clark, I have to tell Liam you were here; or the cops. I don't know." I say, and he quickly lunges at me, pinning my body to the wall.

"No, you can't." He says through gritted teeth. His breath fans over my wet skin, causing shivers to run through my body. His touch starts to burn and I squirm slightly but he shushes me, my wrists in his hands. "Louis, look at me." He demands, his grip tightening on my wrists. I keep my head to the side, my heart beating out my chest. "Look at me!" He shouts, lifting my wrists off the wall and slamming them back down.

My head quickly snaps to him and I stare into his brown eyes. His pupils are dilated and I see my reflection in them.

Jesus Christ Louis. Defend yourself for once. Fight back.

My fathers voice echoes in my ears, my vision starting to blur.

Fucking pussy. Told you he would make a better woman.

My brothers voice says, as if he's responding to my father.

"You can't tell anyone, okay? I don't want to have to hurt you, but I'm not going back to that place." Clark says, snapping me out of my trance. I don't respond, my eyes still burning into his.

I think he likes it. Just lays there and takes it like a woman would.

"Louis, do you hear me?" Clark asks and I nod slowly. I feel my throat get tight and my eyes burn with tears. He smiles and lets go of my wrists, patting my head like you would to a dog. "Good." He says. I hear the front door open and Clark cusses, turning and jumping out the window in the bathroom. I hear Liam's heavy footsteps downstairs and I wipe my eyes, sniffling and staring at myself in the mirror.

My face looks fine. I can tell him it's flushed from the shower and that I got soap in my eyes. I walk to my room and dry off, putting lotion on my skin and getting dressed (outfit above).

Walking downstairs slowly, I see Liam unloading the groceries from the bags. He turns when he hears my footsteps and smiles at me, putting the milk in the fridge.

"Dressed already?" He asks and I just nod simply. He laughs and gets a good look at me. I feel weird under his stare but he just turns away. "Someone's excited for his date." He says and I instantly smile, looking down at my bare feet.

"Yeah." I say quietly and he turns back to me, making his way over to me.

"You're so amazing, Lou. You've come to far." He praises, ruffling my hair; I scoff and push his hands away, fixing my hair quickly. He just chuckles at that and then the door bell rings.

It's only 8:30. That can't be Harry.

Liam goes to open the door and Zayn walks in, pushing past Liam. He sees me and smiles, instantly hugging me. I grip onto his shirt, pulling him close and closing my eyes. I inhale softly and take in his scent, his warmth, his everything.

"You okay?" He whispers into my ear, realizing how tightly I'm gripping him. I slowly let go and nod, smiling weakly. "You look cute!" He says, motioning me to twirl with his finger and I do a little spin. "Harry's not gonna be able to stay off you." He says and Liam scoffs loudly from where he's standing.

"He better. If I see one hickey he's dead." He says and Zayn just laughs, pulling me close to him.

"Trust me, he won't do shit to Harry." Zayn says in my ear and I just laugh, using a hand to cover my mouth.

The rest of the morning is spent just talking and watching Liam unpack the groceries. He tries to yell at Zayn for not helping but when I offer he says he fine.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Wth is Clark up to?!?!??!