That's a lot of fucks

Evan was walking side-by-side with Jared in the mall, Jared with a slushie in hand and talking about something having to do with his camp friends and how much cooler they were than Evan. Why were they even hanging out? Evan had no clue. He just found himself in the mall and Jared appeared out of nowhere.

He guessed that that was their friendship. The appear-out-of-nowhere kind.

Wearing a light blue t-shirt and super ugly khakis that were found in the bottom of Evan's drawer, which he regretted wearing on this day.

Sunday. Last day of spring break before living hell. School.

He wasn't paying attention to Jared. He kinda stared blankly into the distance, not noticing anything.

Evan's mind wandered, muffling out the noises that everyone around him was making. It was a calm thought, almost like a dream.

There he was, in the perfect field with the perfect flowers and everything was ok for once. No anxiety to gnaw at Evan's stomach, tearing him down and then clumping himself back up, screaming to himself that he had to get it together, that he had to be a better person despite being the worst person. He just... enjoyed himself in the nostalgic scene where the sun was a tad too bright but never burned him, never forcing Evan to step out of the sun.

It was nice to think about. But reality always came crashing in like a dark storm in the dream.

And just like in a storm, Evan got soaked.

"Oh. My. God." Jared howled with laughter, settling his drink on a table nearby and taking a moment just to enjoy pure idiocy.

So, maybe daydreaming in a mall when walking wasn't the best thing, because Evan woke up to a sight of his own reflection in the fountain water. Thankfully his hands and knees rescued him from any real damage, but his pride was hurt enough and the boy's face suddenly turned red as he scrambled out of the fountain, slipping on some coins that had landed on the bottom.

Everyone in the perimeter was staring at this bumbling mess. Even a security guard came to help Evan up, and the security guard probably thought that 'Wow, this guy is such an idiot, falling into the fountain like it was a kiddie pool'.

The worst part? There stood Connor Murphy just staring at him.

Connor. Fucking. Murphy.

Evan must look like the most stupid person in the existence of the world.

To be fair, Connor wasn't looking at him in a judgemental way, more of a shocked way, but it destroyed Evan that two people just saw him fall into a fucking. Fountain.

-

What the FUCK.

There was Connor, just making his way to Dairy Queen, looking all semi-straight with his hair up, when those gay thoughts catch him again.

Evan is so fucking...? Hot?

He was cute before, he was precious and small and extremely huggable before...

But soaked with water, he's literally dripping with good looks. Enough to make Connor quote a stupid anime! It felt like hell to exist in this world with so many hot and cute people.

The two locked eyes before Connor took a deep breath and walked out, keeping a steady, fast pace and hugging his sketchpad to his chest. He needs to chill. Dairy Queen is perfect for that.

Admittedly, Connor never ate at DQ. He just never had the time. So, he just got a vanilla cup and tried to shove it in his mouth as he made his way back to his 'homebase', which is just the back room of where he worked, set the cup down and let out a small (but obviously manly) whimper.

Boys are really, really, really good looking.

"You look like you're dying," Zoe was the first to talk out of the two employees in the area, looking up from her phone and speaking in a monotone voice.

"'Cause I am." He gasped sarcastically, to which his sister responded with, "Finally."

"Anything happened, Con?" An older worker asked- His name was Jax, and for someone who had a badass name, he looked even more badass, with tattoos covering his arms and to his neck, probably having some on his chest, most likely. He was probably one of the only people Connor actually wanted to be.

He's just so cool?

"Uh, yeah. There's a person who I-"

"He's really gay for this dude named Evan~" Zoe teased, a smile being devilishly spread onto her face.

"I see," Jax nodded, signaling for the brother to talk.

"He fell in the fountain. Wearing a pastel. Blue. Shirt."

"Ahh." He chuckled, glancing back at Zoe who burst out laughing at the thought. "Poor you, I bet?" The man continued.

"Poor Evan, more like. God, doesn't he have anxiety?" She patted Connor's back. "He's dead now too, I bet. Go meet your loved one up in... Somewhere."

"Stoooooop." Connor moaned, slapping away her hand and getting a fake-disgusted look.

"Whatever. Learn to chill, it's your turn to go up on cash register again, Romeo." And with that, Jax got up and waved the two good-bye, leaving out the back door.

The brunette rolled his eyes, dragging himself over to the cursed machine as he stared outside the window, picking at the newly applied black nail polish that lay on his hands. He got it on sale at Hot Topic.

It wasn't until later, when Connor arrived back at home, that he noticed how little texts he's been receiving. Little as in none.

He decided to plug the device in and type a little message, sending it and looking at for the little 'Read' message at the bottom of the screen. It appeared in a few seconds.

April 23rd, 7:45 PM:

Connor Kent: hey r u ok

...

...

evee: not sure

is

is this weird to ask but

Connor Kent: shoot it

evee: do you think i'll ever be... y'know

cool

god thats a lot of flowersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें