Iodine

"Ouch!" Benji grimaced; this was definitely not the way he had hoped to be treated. The wounds on his back felt like they were on fire as Ilsa dabbed at them with a cotton pad.

"I know it hurts, Benji, but Iodine is the only thing we have that'll do the job. You'll have to hold on for a few more minutes, and then I'll be done," Ilsa spoke firmly, but not roughly.

"Only a few more minutes..." Benji muttered to himself. "...a few more minutes..." He winced again in pain, feeling the cotton pad touch a particularly tender spot on his back. "Are you sure you can't be more gentle?!"

"I'm barely touching you!" Ilsa protested. "Besides, I'm done with the iodine. Once I bandage it up you'll be good to go until tomorrow!"

"Until tomorrow..." Benji grumbled as Ilsa bandaged his wounds. He didn't want to have to go through this again tomorrow. Why couldn't he just have dealt with it alone? It surely had to be better than this.

"It's all done!" Ilsa stood up and led Benji to a mirror so he could see his back. "Everything look good?"

"Well, I look like a mummy, it still stings, and I'm not sure if I can lay down without screwing it all up, but it'll have to do," Benji said.

Ilsa sighed. "I guess that's as good as it gets, then." Seems like it, Benji thought.