Disappointed

"So, what's the plan?" This certainly wasn't the first time Benji had asked this question since he had gotten back, but it was still the one question without an answer.

"Geez, Benji, can't you let a man finish his breakfast for once?" Brandt half-joked, spooning another bite of cereal into his mouth.

"Sorry," Benji mumbled. He begrudgingly bit into his toast and attempted to ignore the burning question yet again. The team couldn't come up with anything; there were no leads, no clues, not even a tiny sliver of a hint as to where Derik was, what his plan was, and when he would strike.

Benji was afraid he might burst before Ethan and Ilsa finally walked into the kitchen. "We've got a lead," Ethan said confidently.

Benji nearly choked on his toast. "Really?" He spat out. "What is it?"

"Calm down, Benji," Ethan chuckled under his breath. "It's just a lead, not fact." He pulled out a chair at the dining table and sat across from Benji. "We found some photos from a grocery store security camera and we think we might've found Derik. All we need you to do is tell us if he's the one." Ethan pulled out a few prints from the Manila envelope he had been holding and spread them out on the table.

Benji squinted his eyes in an effort to recognize the man. "I, um...." he stuttered, "I c-can't really tell....I'm sorry, Ethan...." He felt a pang of guilt shoot through him. The team was trying to find a crazed killer and all he could do was stutter at camera footage? What good was he, anyway?

Ethan only nodded a response. The confidence that he had walked in with had vanished in an instant. Instead, Benji saw a hint of something in his eye that made his heart sink even lower—disappointment. Benji had let the whole team down. Ethan gathered up the photos, slid them back into the envelope, and stood back up from his seat. "It's...it's okay Benji," he said, clearing his throat, "I know we'll find him."

His statement was weak at best, but Benji knew it was the only hope they had left, and the only comfort Ethan had for him. We'll find him, he repeated to himself. We have to.