Dark link x Reader

(Art by Finni on DeviantArt ^^ (their stuff is fantastic, btw. I definitely suggest you check them out)

Please check out the A/N at the end of this, it would help me greatly! Thank you!

Now onto the story~

   "(Y/n)~" a voice purred beside you as you sat on your bed. You sighed, you didn't even have to look. You knew exactly who had broken into your home, yet again. The one and only, Dark Link. You had absolutely NO idea why he had taken a liking to you, and you had done absolutely NOTHING to make him think you liked him, or at least you hoped. You knew it deep down, that as much as you tried to deny the feelings, you loved that annoying and misunderstood boy. You felt as though you could relate to him, both of you were in the hero's shadow.
You happened to be rather close with Zelda, and Link, for that matter. Your father was a very well known guard, and almost from the moment you were born the same fate was planned for you. You would end up becoming a knight, defending the princess, and failing to outshine Link. You tried your hardest to succeed, but he was always two steps in front of you. There was absolutely nothing you could do. You began to get frustrated, battle no longer giving you the joy and thrill you once felt. Now it was a burden, one you really didn't want. It made you tired and unhappy, and almost everyone around you had noticed it. Your fighting ability started to decline, and thats when problems arose. Eventually, you ended up retiring from your life as a knight and ended your contact with both Zelda and Link. You missed them, but you knew being around them would be hard. That protectiveness inside of you would awaken, and force you into battle once again.
You sighed and looked over at Dark, who had moved uncomfortably close to you. His beautiful gray hair and blood red eyes enchanted you. You just couldn't look away. His smile turned into a slight smirk.
"Like what you see? You've been staring quite a lot, you know," he purred. You felt the blood rising to your face and you immediately pried your eyes away.
"Y-ye-- I- I mean-- no--! M-maybe? Uh, that is.." you stuttered. You were so embarrassed, you could barely understand what came out of your own mouth. You hoped that he wouldn't know, either. Growing up, you spent more time with training then working on social skills. You weren't great at talking or expressing feelings, and you generally just get embarrassed easily. It certainly doesn't help that Dark seems to enjoy teasing you as well.
"I heard a distinct 'maybe' in there... so you do, huh?" He teased, an idiotic smirk still on his lips. You were starting to get so flustered you couldn't think straight. Of course you found him attractive, who the hell wouldn't!? He's literally the hottest man you had ever laid eyes on! You also happened to have a thing for the 'bad boy' type, considering every guy you had fell for before was a douchebag or some kind of criminal. You knew Dark was... bad. But that made him all the more alluring to you.
                You pushed Darks face away from yours and a pout replaced his smirk.
               "Babe... what was that for?" He asked, a small growl in his tone. You blushed even more at the word 'babe,' but shrugged it off and tried your best to meet his gaze. As much as you liked Dark, you needed this teasing to stop. It was so embarrassing... it was bad for your heart.
                "D-dark," you started, "please... don't call m-me that. I-it's... it's really embarrassing..." You were hoping that somehow your awkward statement would get through to him, but Dark just stared at you for a few seconds before gently resting a hand on your face. Honestly, you didn't think he was capable of being as gentle as he was currently being. He didn't seem, well, the type. His touch was strangely comforting, and you felt yourself begin to relax.
"Sorry, no can do honey," he chirped before placing his lips on your cheek. Your eyes widened and cheeks flared as you lightly shoved him away.
"D-dark!" You yelled in surprise, causing him to chuckle.
"You're so cute when your embarrassed, I can't help it. If you don't want me to tease you, stop being cute," he laughed, giving you his usual devilish smirk.
"D-damn you! You're so annoying sometimes! Remind me why I love you again!?" You cried out in frustration, not thinking about what you were saying at the time. After a second, you realized. 'Oh shit..' you thought as you quickly covered your mouth. Dark's eyes widened a bit at your sudden confession, but quickly grew dim. While he teased you, and had feelings for you, he never thought you'd feel the same. In his mind, he wasn't someone a good person like you should be with.
"(Y/n)..." he sighed. He stood up, then walked to the door. You stared at him in shock as you felt your heart start to break into little pieces. 'What the hell? Was that kiss a joke? Did he not mean it to be romantic? Is he really going to just... leave after this? He flirted with ME first for Hylia's sake! Was it a joke this whole time? Just a game to him?' You couldn't control your thoughts from running out of control. You looked at him, a mix of betrayal, sadness, and pure agony in your eyes. You thought you had finally found someone who understood you, and he was just going to leave like that? You felt a warm liquid start to run down your face. You were.. crying. It was an odd and unfamiliar feeling, you didn't cry often or not at all. You hated it. Dark immediately tensed up after seeing you cry like that. He hadn't even left, and you were crying. Honestly, this was the first time he had ever seen you cry despite all the times you two have been through. Tough battles, illnesses, bad injuries, you made it though without a single tear of sadness or pain. Now here you were, bawling your eyes out, because of him. He hated seeing you cry, he realized, more than you yourself hated crying.
"(Y-y/n)..." he muttered, moving away from the door and back to you. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to him. You couldn't really even fight back, or feel embarrassment. All you knew is that you liked it in his arms, you wanted to stay there. You couldn't let him leave. You grabbed onto him and clung for dear life.
"Dark..." you sniffled, "p-please... don't leave me... I can't... I can't do this without you! I can't do anything with out you, so please! I was so lost.... you helped bring some joy back into my life despite who you think you are, Dark! You may be 'dark' to everyone else, but your my light! I need you! I... I love you!" You poured your heart out to him through your tears, one way or another, you had to convince him. Darks eyes softened a bit as he let out a sigh.
"Jeez... (y/n). You really know how to confuse a guy. I'm sorry I even thought about ignoring you, your even cuter when you cry than when you are embarrassed," he joked. As he began to gently stroke your hair, trying to relax you a bit.
"Dark! Is that all you really have to say!?" You cried, pulling away from him a little bit so you could look up at him. Your face was bright red and covered in tears. Your (h/c) hair was a mess, and your (e/c) eyes were puffy from crying. Dark laughed a bit but quickly caught himself and clasped a hand over his mouth. "Oh no, don't let me stop you! Laugh if it's so funny!" you barked.
"N-no! (Y/n), I love you too, please don't take that the wrong way! Your just so... jeez. How am I even supposed to explain this? You know I'm not good with this... emotional stuff. I just... felt like I wasn't good enough for you. You deserve better.."
"You... idiot!" You yelled, making him flinch. "I love you, you love me, what's so bad about that?! I don't think I deserve better, hell, I think Im undeserving of you! You're so kind to me, and you always try to hand to keep yourself in check for my sake! I don't deserve that, at all, yet you do it anyway, and I love you for it! And for many other things! Why are you so insecure? You have no reason to feel that way, so just drop it and actually kiss me already!" Dark was shocked at your sudden change in attitude, and your sudden forwardness. What happened to the embarrassed tsundere-like girl from a few minutes ago? Not that he was complaining, mind you. Being told "kiss me already!" by you was something he was waiting for for quite awhile, so he happily did so. You wrapped your arms around him and enjoyed the moment, though it was short. Dark moved away slightly and looked down at you, and smiled a bit when he noticed your tears had stopped flowing. It wasn't that annoying smirk he usually had, but a genuine smile. You had to wonder if he even knew he was doing it. You smiled back before speaking up again.
          "Now you listen to me, Dark. If you ever try to leave without saying anything or answering me again, I'll track you down and beat your ass into next Tuesday, understand? You're stuck with me now," you warned. Dark chuckled and nodded.
            "Yes, ma'am."
          He smiled again, realizing he had made the right choice to stay with you after all. Maybe, if he stayed with you, he'd be able to start making up for what he had done, for he had finally found his light in the darkness.

A/n: sorry that kinda sucked xD
But in all seriousness, PLEASE request something. I'm having writers block, and some requests would be nice! I'll take situations, characters, and maybe something like a personality for the reader? Like, "a link x reader where the reader is really stubborn and childish" or something along those lines ^^