"Weird" Zelda x Reader

"Princess! Where do you think you're going?" you called out in distress as you noticed Princess Zelda making her way out of the castle. She froze up almost immediately after hearing your voice, and you took that chance to run to her. "Honestly, princess... what are you thinking? So worrisome..."

      Zelda scoffed in annoyance and turned away from you.

    "I didn't ask you to worry about me, you did that on your own accord," she snapped, and your face fell. You had no idea why she was acting this way, usually she was so kind. However, recently, she'd started to act weird. She was treating you coldly. She would brush you off, run off on her own, spend more time with Link, and much less time with you. You weren't angry with her, just worried. Very worried.

       "Zelda.... can you tell me why you're acting like this?" You asked, hesitation and fear in your voice.

       "Act how? I'm the same as usual," she retorted.

     "But you... aren't?" You replied, but it sounded more like a question. "Recently, you've been very weird. Very. You're making me really worried! I have every right to be, princess! I care about you! Stop acting like such a brat!" you cried, and Zelda turned back around to glare at you.

"(Y/n), do you really want to know why I've been so 'weird' lately? Truthfully?" she asked, annoyance in her tone. You took a deep breath in, annoyance starting to make its way into your mind as well.

"Princess.... I just want you to be happy, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want, I am not going to force you."

     Zelda's eyes widened a bit, and a faint blush made its way to her face. She let out a sigh, and ran a hand down her face.

     "(Y/n)... this.. this is why. You're way too nice! You treat me like a princess, but you also treat me like a friend! You caring so much... it's painful! It makes me feel.. weird," she admitted, and you smiled a little.

        "Weird... how? Like, good weird or bad weird?" you asked, a teasing tone in your voice.

      "G-good weird... I think," Zelda responded, her red face definitely making it seem like she regretted saying anything.

       "Well, I think you'll be happy to know I feel good weird around you, too," you laughed, a small blush making it's way to your face as well.

       "W-well then! M-maybe... there's more feelings here than just... friends..?" Zelda asked, almost hesitantly.

       "I... think so, princess," you smiled at her, and she smiled back. It was a sight you haven't seen in awhile, Zelda's cute smile. You loved it, seeing her smile. You were happy you could finally see it again. Zelda's smile made you the happiest, was that weird? Maybe.

    Your relationship with Zelda was never the same. The two of you weren't friends anymore, you were lovers. And the both of you were much happier that way. Was that weird? Absolutely not.

A/N: can you tell I'm running out of ideas? I'm not really into LoZ anymore, definitely more into Persona rn,,, aaa,,, sorry if Zelda was OOC, I wasn't going for a specific Zelda and to be completely honest she's not my favorite character so I don't pay much attention to her x'D