Hyrule Warriors Link x Female!Reader

trying a different POV with this one~ Maybe it'll be better? idk people seem to like this POV more xD

My phones still broken, but I managed to get my old computer up and running so I decided to finish this one up since it's the closest to being done. I'll try to finish more soon.. I also got back into Diabolik Lovers and I kinda want to write some stuff for that? >~< I should probably just stick to one book until I can get into a regular update schedule, though.

~(y/n)'s POV~

This is it! Today's the day! Today's the day I'll finally confess to my close friend and fellow trainee, Link. We had both started our training to become knights at around the same time, yet he was some how much more powerful and skilled than me. I didn't resent him, though. His strength gave me something to strive for. I'll try my hardest to catch up to him, or my name isn't (y/n)! I admired Link, and somewhere along the line that admiration turned into love. There was only one issue, however... Link thought I was a boy. I didn't want to be looked down on or treated any differently just because I'm a girl, so I opted to bind my chest, cut my hair, and act as a male. Few knew of my true gender, General Impa being one of those few. She understood how I felt and arranged things for me to make keeping my true gender a secret easier.

Even if I told Link how I felt, how would he feel about knowing I've been basically lying to him this whole time? Would he even see me as a girl so suddenly? I don't think he's really interested in guys, either. He's never once caught on to my secret, hell, he's even stripped in front of me before! (Thank you Hylia for the show, by the way-- I mean what? who said that?) Argh! My face was starting to get red even thinking about it! I shook my head to clear my thoughts, and headed to the main training grounds, where I knew I'd find Link. 

     I arrived at the training grounds and looked around for Link. I figured it would be easy, considering he's like the only one here who doesn't wear a helmet. I saw a cute blonde sparing in the distance and immediately ran in that direction. 

                     "Link!" I called out happily when I finally made my way to him. He looked at me over his shoulder, then to the partner he was currently training with. Link nodded to him, then sheathed his wooden sword and walked over to me. 

              "Hey, (y/n)! Whats up? You need something?" he asked, slighting cocking his head to one side. His cerulean eyes looked into my (e/c) ones with a genuine interest. I felt a slight blush creep onto my face, goddesses, he looked so... cute! why doesn't he notice he does this to me? Some times, it even seems like hes acting this way on purpose, but... why? 

              "U-um.. yeah. I have something really important to talk to you about. Can we talk later? Like... in private?" I choked out, a smal blush on my (s/k) cheeks. Link laughed a bit and blushed awkwardly. 

             "(y/n), you sure you want to be asking that here? Surrounded by this many people?" he asked, still chuckling a bit to himself. A few of the other trainee's around us laughed as well. I thought for a second about what he meant, and then it dawned on me.

          "You idiot! That's not what I meant, and you know it!" I barked, punching Links arm in embarrassment.

        "Yeah, yeah. I know what you meant. You're just cute when you're embarassed," he admitted with a small smile. My face turned even more red, I really can't handle being called cute, especially by him! Goddesses, help me...

"Oh, shut up! Lets just go train or something!" I snapped, grabbing Links arm and pulling him away to train for awhile. I needed something to get my mind off things..

-time skip to later brought to you by the Authors laziness-

          Me and Link sat in his room across from each other. He had a serious look on his face, signaling that he was actually listening to me for once. I sighed, and began to talk.

         "Link, I need to be honest with you. I've been lying to you since we met, and its been eating away at me. It's time you know.. I'm a girl. I only acted as a male to better preform in the army, I didn't want any kind of special treatment from other soliders just because I'm a girl. I wanted to be like everyone else here, I'm sorry I haven't been honest with you.."

        Link looked at me with a smile, he didn't even seem the least bit shocked.

        "It's okay, (y/n). I already knew, Impa told me awhile back," he started, "I've known for a week or two now. There's no need to apologize, I undestand where you're coming from."

       "Wait a second! Why would general Impa tell you that? She swore to me she'd keep the secret!" I cried out in shock.

        Link chuckled at my outburst. "I asked," he stated, "I was worried. You seemed to be hiding something, and I needed to know what was bothering you. I don't like seeing the person I love distressed if I'm not the one causing it." I felt my face flush. I think he said 'person I love', but that can't be true.

         "Hold on, the person you.. what?" I asked quietly.

          "The person I love. I love you, (y/n). Not just because you're a girl, I've felt this way since before I found out, and that feeling didn't change one bit after finding out, either. Boy or girl, I love you for you, (y/n). I hope you believe me," Link confessed with a shy smile, blush rising to his cheeks. He was usually so confident, its odd seeing him embarrassed like this. I.. like it.

           "Link... I feel the same! I love you! I'm.. I'm so happy your not upset with me.. d-does this mean..?"

          "We're a couple now? Yeah, I think it does. If that's what you want, that is," Link said.

           "Yes! I do want that! But... I think we should keep this a secret, just for now. I don't want anyone saying bad things about you," I sighed anxiously.

         "It's alright, if anyone says anything, it's just them being a fool. But I'll do what you want, I want you to feel comfortable and happy, you know? I don't mind keeping this to ourselves for awhile," he reassured me with a smile.

         "I know, thank you, Link..." I smiled and kissed his forehead before whispering, "goodnight," and going back to my own room.

A/N: This seems pretty bad lmaooooo

I kinda lost interest halfway though this one, but I needed to get something out for this book. I hope it isn't TOO bad.. rip

also I don't really have time to edit this, so sorry for grammar/spelling mistakes!