17

Instead of telling Jay on Valentines day, we decided to tell him the day before. I slowly enter their house and make my way up Jay's room. He's just sitting down playing 2k14, with Jordyn by his side watching.

He seems to be in a good mood and that's where we would  like him to be when we tell him. I don't know why the fuck I am nervous. It's just Jay. My best friend, her cousin. It's not like we're meeting each other's parents/gaurdians or telling them that we're having a baby on the way.

"Sup bro." Jay pause his game. Jordyn turns around and smiles.

"Sup." I sit down on the chair located near his desk.

"Whooping ass." He turns his head back to the game and continues to play.

"I guess you are." I lean back.

It was pretty silent in the room. Jay playing his game. Jordyn watching and me on my phone, acting like I'm doing something. It was getting pretty boring. I wanted to go back home and try not to tell him anymore, but Jordyn and I made a pact.

"So." Jay lays his remote down, after winning. "How are you two love birds doing?" My heart stops and I look at Jordyn who looks just as surprise as I am.

"W..what?" Jordyn speaks.

"Oh come on." Jay stands. "I knew you guys had a little chemistry since the time I saw you two talking to each other at the dance. You guys left and I knew it."

"Then why'd you ask me where I went off to?" I ask.

"Just to play it off. All the sneaking out and late night calls/video chats. I'm not dumb, Jordyn's room is right next to mine." He smiles. "But I like how you're treating her. She's starting to feel more comfortable with herself more." He wraps an arm around her. "I've been trying to do that for years. I even threatened to fight her." He jokes.

I laugh and Jordyn blushes. "It's t...true." She giggles.

"At first I did not trust you and you know why, but I see that Jordyn is happy, so I'll accept it, but if you hurt her, it's me and you bro." He points from himself to me.

I sigh in relief. "This was easier than I thought." I stand up.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Jordyn and I were planning on telling you tonight, but you just took out half of the things out of our mouth."

Jordyn runs up to me and hugs me.

"Ok, no touching. I'm still going to be the strict cousin/brother you ever had." Jay warns.

Jordyn rolls her eyes playfully. "Why didn't you t...tell us that you knew?"

"Because I wanted you guys to tell me, but since you guys were taking so long, I decided to just put it out." Jay looks at me. "You and I both know how those people in our school treat Jordyn. I don't know if you guys are willing to put it out there, but I can trust you and I know you'll fight for her."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"One thing I know about you Carter guys is that you guys may be a player, but once you guys meet the girl you really like or even love, you'll do anything for her. Any boy would. Your feelings for my cousin is beyond that and know you'll hurt if she hurt.

"Damn right." He's right. Carter men do know how to protect their girl. My dad, cousins, uncles and more. The Carter men are seriously protective about their girls.

"Now if you guys excuse me." Jay reaches into his wallet. "I ordered some pizza. You guys better not do anything inappropriate when I'm gone."

I laugh. "You know you can trust me with that."