A Problem With Time

Albus Potter was in the library with his best friend Scorpius Malfoy, complaining about all the questions they had gotten wrong on their recent exams, when James Sirius Potter burst in, Lily Luna following close behind.

"Leave me alone Lily!" He cried. Madam Pince and the rest of the library shushed him and his yelling quickly turned to whispers. "Go away."

"No." Lily whispered stubbornly. "It's dangerous give it to me."
Scorpius and Al looked at each other. James and 'dangerous' did not mix.

"What's going on?" Scorpius asked and Al shrugged. "I don't know. Whatever it is it can't be good."

"Oh stop being so melodramatic." James said to Lily, rolling his eyes. That's when Albus noticed James holding something. A gold chain hung from his fist, what it was attached to though, Al couldn't tell.

Lily pulled out her wand. "James Sirius Potter, if you do not give me that right now, I swear I will hex you-"

"No hexing in my library!" Madam Pince had had enough, she stood up from behind her desk and practically pushed the brother and sister out of her library.

Scorpius and Al, too curious about what was going on, quickly followed them. James ran all over Hogwarts trying to get away from Lily. Albus and Scorpius followed behind, desperate to know what James had done to make Lily mad this time.

Eventually there was no where else for James to run. Lily had him cornered just outside the school.

"I've got you now James. There's no where for you to run." She held out her hand. "Now hand it over."

James was looking around frantically, then he stopped and smiled. Al looked behind him. His cousin, Rose Weasley and Teddy Lupin were talking behind them. Teddy had finished school years ago but often came by Hogwarts to give lectures now that he had officially become an Auror. As soon as Al saw them he knew what James was planning.

"Hey Rosie! Heads up!" The necklace he had is his hand was suddenly flying over their heads, straight towards Rose who hadn't heard James shouting at her.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. Lily ran towards Rose and Teddy. James yelled at Rose again to catch the necklace. Rose turned her back to the group. The necklace hit her head and fell the the ground.

"Ow!" Rose cried, clutching the back of her head. At the same time she stepped back and the necklace crunched under her foot.

Lily froze.

Scorpius, James and Al made their way over to the others.
"James..." Lily's voice shook with fury. "What have you done you blithering idiot."

"Hey it's not my fault, Rose didn't catch it-" James was cut off by Lily slapping him.

"You shouldn't have had it in the first place!"

"Hey, stop it!" Teddy interfered, pulling them apart. "What was that?"

"A time turner. James stole it from dads office at the start of the year. He was going to retake his exams because he failed, obviously."

"James-" Teddy started.

"Guys look." Rose pointed at the broken time turner. Glowing sand was rising from the pile and surrounded them.

To anyone looking down on the scene, they would have just seen the wind blowing sand off the ground and six children vanishing into thin air. Just like the sand.

***

Hope you enjoyed!
Publishing this now was probably not the best idea since I'm going away for eleven days on a school trip and won't be able to update till I get back but I'm stupid like that so I published it anyway!

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think xx

Bye for a couple of weeks!

Words: 605