Don't Even Think About It

Everyone stared at us when we entered with the first years. Dumbledore told the other students that we were transfer students-as planned- and that we would be joining sixth year- James, fourth year- Al, Scorpius and Rose and third year- Lily.

The first years were sorted with no troubles, then it was the transfer student's turn.

Scorpius was called up first.

"Michaels, Samuel."

He took his seat on the stool and the sorting hat barely touched his head before it yelled, "SLYTHERIN!"

On the Gryffindor table a fourteen year old boy couldn't help think how much Samuel Michaels sorting reminded him of his enemy's sorting just four years prior.

Next was Albus.

"Papadopoulos, Alfie." The whole hall erupted with laughter and Albus made his way up to the sit on the stool, blushing furiously the whole time.
As he sat, the sorting hat deciding where he should go, he remembered the first time he was sorted all those years ago. He had been so afraid of being put into Slytherin. So afraid of how his family would react if he were to be put in Slytherin. But now, four years later (or 23 years earlier-whichever you prefer) he knew his place was in Slytherin and he was happy to be re-sorted there, but he knew there were some people who wouldn't be as happy. Namely his father. Harry Potter.

The sorting hat decided where Albus belonged seconds after being placed on his head.
"SLYTHERIN!" It yelled. The Slytherin table cheered loudly, and the rest of the tables clapped appropriately but the Gryffindor table stayed silent. They were all thinking the same thing, Two transfers both in Slytherin? And sorted so quickly? This can't be good. Although, most of them were also thinking, Oh well, it'll be fine. We have a Harry Potter and they don't haha.

James was next.

"Papadopoulos, Jacob." James also got ridiculed, which deflated his ego quite a lot, which made his brother very happy.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled and James sauntered over to his table, his ego happily inflated once again.

Lily was last out of the Potter clan.

"Papadopoulos, Lucy." Lily was ready for the laughs that we're about to sound and threw the whole hall a death glare worthy of Ginny Potter, which silenced everyone. She took a seat and the sorting hat was placed on her head.

Meanwhile a red haired boy leaned over to whisper in his friends ear. "I bet she's in Slytherin like the first papa guy."

"Papa guy?" His friend asked.

"You know who I mean. Oh don't look at me like that. I bet you can't say it." He couldn't.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The red head was surprised to say the least.

Rose was the last to go.

"Wilson, Rose."

The sorting hat seemed to struggle with where to put her like last time. Over the years she had gotten smarter but she had also gotten braver, and in the end the bravery won out.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Dinner began and despite everything that had changed in 26 years the food was still brilliant.

"So!" Dumbledore said. "Now that we are all fed and wartered, I must once more ask for your attention, while I give out a few notices.
Mr Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden objects has been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs.
As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year.
It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."