Another Day

I finished the bio fusion algorithms Mom wanted done downstairs and I made my way upstairs to give them to her. My mother is a very loving person. I say this because I was born a 'shapeshifter' and she has never rejected me or treating me any less than her daughter.
I knocked before I walked into Mom's office. "Come in, Alexia." Mom always calls me by my middle name. I handed her the papers and waited for her response. "Shouldn't you be with your tutor, young lady?" She said her eyes still on the papers. "She said I was done for today." She glanced up at me.
"Alexia." I knew that tone. "Do I have to?" She glanced up again. "Yes, you have to. I don't pay Ms. Ferder to babysit you, I pay her to teach you. Now go back downstairs and learn something." I sighed. "Yes ma'am." She smiled as I turned and walked away.
I had to listen to Ms. Ferder lecture me about the ancient Library of Alexandria. "That concludes your lesson for today Ms. Luthor. I hope you'll be more attentive Monday morning, have a good weekend." I waved her off and headed back upstairs. I stopped to tie my shoe when I smelled Supergirl's scent. I turned the corner and all I saw was Ms. Danvers and Mom's secretary.
It was kinda weird. I finally got up to Mom's office and plopped on the leather couch. "Alexia," I glanced over at Mom and she hadn't taken her eyes off her laptop. "Sorry Mom." She sighed. "If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times not to burst into my office and plop on the couch." I sniffed the air.
"Ms. Danvers, coming in hot." Not 3 seconds later, Ms. Danvers burst in. "Lena, I'm sorry for bursting in but- oh hi, Chas." Ms. Danvers is the only person besides Grandmother who calls me by my first name. I gave her a head nod.
"Alexia, could you give us a minute?" I stood and went outside without a word. I went and watched TV in Mom's biochemics room.
After about 30 minutes, Mom walked in. "Alexia, sweetheart." She sat beside me. I turned away from her. "I'm sorry. I know you feel like I don't spend as much time with you as I should but, " Tears rolled down my cheeks and my throat tightened. "It's alright sweetie." She put her arm around me as I started crying like a baby.
"How's about on our way home, we get ice cream? Would you like that?" I wiped my eyes and nodded with a smile. "There's my Alexia." She kissed my forehead.
We got outside and into the truck on our journey home. We stopped at Baskin Robins and got ice cream and a chocolate ice cream cake.
When got home, we both went to our separate rooms and got ready for bed. Just before I went all the way to sleep, I felt Mom kiss my cheek. "Goodnight my little angel." It was a good night indeed.