chapter 1

It was cold and stormy night in London, and the infamous John Constantine was standing outside a local pub smoking a fag (fag is British terminology of cigarette) thinking of new ideas for a con to pull off on some poor, unsuspecting, demonic bastards that probably have it coming. While he was thinking, he heard an unknown voice "Constantine." the voice called out in a feminine whisper, going against his better judgment Constantine followed the direction the voice was coming at; he went down the alley way where voice seemed to originate from and suddenly he was surround by a pentagram, but there was something out of the ordinary about this pentagram, what was special about this one was that it was pulsating in the colours of red, white, black and yellow and in that specific order too. Suddenly he was whisked away to another realm screaming in shock; on the journey to wherever the pentagrammic portal was sending him, the trip was excruciatingly painful, his skin felt like it was welting off, his bones were being obliterated into billions of pieces and that all moisture that was inside him was being sucked out of him.

The arrival to his destination was also painful, as he exited the portal he found himself plummeting down to the ground at high velocity from three meters and landing back first into a closed dumpster and then rolling down onto his stomach. "Ugh, bloody 'ell that hurt." john said, but then he noticed something was off; he felt a bit shorter and his voice was a bit of a higher pitch, almost as if he somehow reversed in age while through the pentagrammic portal. In an attempt to see the extent of the damage the trip did he looked a puddle to see his reflection, but when he saw the reflection he looked different; gone was the adult face he knew, instead he was now a teenager. "What the 'ell happened to me," the magic user said but his questions were cut short when he noticed a fight happening; in a split second decision he decided to run to the girl with a scythe/gun who was involved in the fight and help her, and just in the nick of time as there was a man in white trench coat who was about to shoot at the girl with his hidden gun as he arrives he shouted out a protective spell to save the girl "Scutum et, invocato!" John shouted, and a magical shield blocked what looked to be a flare. When the shot hit every thing kind of blanked out for the two until they found the shooter climbing a ladder.

Constantine and the girl followed the assailant up the building, only to find that he's in some sort of vtol jet. "End of the line red!" the man shouted and then proceeded to throw a ruby red crystal and shot at the red crystal. Realizing what it was going to and stunned with fear, all constantine could do at the time was to shout a profanity "Ah Bollocks!" the shot from the man's cane caused the crystal to detonate, for a moment the two "heroes" thought they were done for sure, but they weren't; when John and the girl opened their eyes a magic woman wearing glasses and a cape was in front of them, fending off the crook and his pyrokinetic colleague, during such the red hood girl decided to shoot a couple sniper rounds at the criminal's getaway vehicle before it flew away. The two teenagers then turned to look at the older woman, in which the red hooded girl broke the silence "You're a huntress! Can I get your autograph?" the girl asked only for them to get a cold stare and unsettling silence.

John and the girl later found themselves in an interrogation room being scolded by the woman that saved them. during the time from the rooftop to their current location, John found out the girl's name was Ruby Rose; after the scolding, a silver haired man wearing green clothing came in, gave Ruby a plate of cookies, and asked her where she learned how to wield a scythe, after Ruby answered the man (whom John later found out that his name was Ozpin), the attention was turned to John "And you, young man; what's your your name?" it only took John a total of ten seconds to think of an answer before he answered the question "Alright I'll tell you, no; I'll do better than that, I'll even describe myself for you." this intrigued Ozpin "Okay then, go ahead." and like that John did as he promised "My name is John Constantine. I am the one who steps from the shadows, all trench coat and arrogance. I'll drive your demons away, kick 'em in the bollocks, and spit on them when their down, leaving only a nod, and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone because, let's be honest... who would be crazy enough to walk it with me?" the question at the end of his self description caused Ruby to put her hand on top of John's and replied "I would." The moment Ruby put her hand on John's, he immediately retracted his hand away from Ruby's "The hell you, no offense but despite saving you from that thief, that does not make me a good man; everyone I have ever known or ever loved has either died in my place, or has betrayed me. You were just lucky that shield spell had a small insignificant price to pay; also don't even think about asking me out on a date, I may have a teenagers body but chronologically I'm 37 years of age, so that's a big no, no." John's rant seemed to amuse the two adults, as it gave them a somewhat vague idea of what he's been through. "Ms. Rose. Mr. Constantine, how would the two of you like attend my school?" the question caused Ruby's eyes to light up and answered "more than ever." then the focus shifted to John "[sighs] ah bollocks. I might as bloody well, besides it's like the old saying goes 'you can teach an old dog new tricks."