chapter 7

Ren was falling in the air for what felt like hours, though in reality it was probably nothing more than at least a couple minutes. In the last couple seconds of his descent, he spotted a tree branch; taking the opportunity for a safe landing, Ren pulled out a trick arrow and fired it at the branch. When the arrow hit the tree branch, a spike popped out the other end of the arrow, the spike launched itself into some stone, reveal a thin but sturdy wire that could be used as a zipline. Ren readied himself to use either his guns or bow to zip on the wire; at the last possible second, he pulled out his bow and zipped across the wire, he then leaped and used the blades of his SMGs to carve into the rock wall and started to slowly slide down it.

Once his feet touched the ground, Ren pulled his guns out of the stone and walk to the temple ruins where the artifacts are. He took a couple steps before encountering two King Taijitu, they began circled around him. He used his SMGs and fired upon the King Taijitu and used the blades of the guns to block the grimm's fangs. At some point he got tired of shooting the Grimm and used the blades to do the Grimm in. After beating the Grimm were defeated, Ren started to pant, the Grimm were harder to take on than he thought. He began to continue his trek to the artifacts, but stopped when he heard the sound of tree branches rustling and cracking; expecting it to be a Grimm, Ren grabbed his bow and pulled out an explosive trick arrow, but instead of a grimm, it was Nora hanging upside down form a tree. "Boop." she said as she poked Ren on the nose, Ren smiled and helped Nora down.

Meanwhile

Yang and Blake had just escaped their attackers, they were exhausted and began to catch their breath "What the hell were those?" Yang asked

"I'm not sure, but they looked like creatures sketched out by archaeologists in the Atlas museum after seeing fossils, I believe they were called Para demons." Blake said as she looked around for the location of the ruins. There didn't seem to be any obvious path for them to follow; suddenly large parts of the vegetation began to uproot itself from the ground to form a humanoid form, this caused Blake to be shocked was this thing forming in front of them the Legendary green guardian of the Emerald forest?

"Greetings." the guardian said

"H-hello." Blake replied

"Yo, who are are you?" Yang asked

"I am Swamp Thing, Guardian of the Green."

"Swamp thing?" Yang asked trying not to laugh "I'm sorry but is that the best name you could think of?" Yang then laughed for a good couple minutes, getting on the nerve of both Swamp Thing and Blake.

"Are you done now?" an irritated Swamp Thing asked

"Yeah."

"Anyways, why are you here?"

"I am here to guide you to the ruins and protect you from the fire."

"Fire what fi-" Blake was interrupted by the sight of a large cloud of smoke in the distance.

"Well hot damn." Joked Yang as she tried to make light of the situation causing Swamp Thing to make an irritated groan.

"Just follow me." Swamp Thing grumbled

Meanwhile

Jaune and Pyrrha were walking and bumped into Ren and Nora, well the term bump into is a little generous it was more that Nora killed an Ursa which fell down and knocked down trees causing Jaune and Pyrrha to jump in surprise.

"Awe man, I broke it." Nora said disappointed as the Ursa disintegrated into nothing. Ren then walked over to Nora and put away his machine guns. The four began to converse for a bit before joining each other. They began to explore and entered a cave. While traversing it the helmet began to faintly glow and light come from the eye holes, this light would reveal the danger lurking within the cave- a giant death stalker, the moment the grimm saw the helm it began to go berserk; it seems that the helm was considered dangerous and its current owner to be destroyed! The beast began to try and impale the four teenagers with it's colossal tail but it failed when Pyrrah blocked the attack with her shield, buying enough time for the group to make an escape.

As he ran for his life he heard the helm speak to him again "In the name of order and light, place my helm upon your head and gain the power to vanquish this foul creature of chaos."I Jaune was tempted but he still refused, he wasn't going to bare this relic on top his head- at least he hoped he wouldn't have to. He thoughts were soon interrupted when he saw a light at what seemed to be the exit for the cave, his feet began to pick up pace and rush to the exit where he hoped to be safe from the death stalker's claws.

As the group exited and reached the relics, they saw a blonde girl and a girl with black hair as well as and human looking creature that appeared to be made from plant.... Okay, this was definitely a weird initiation.

Ruby, John and Weiss were able to get to the ruins as well but on the way they came across terrifying creatures that John identified as para demons who are now chasing them with plans to do Oum knows what and to make matters worse they were also being chased by a nevermore- oh joy, nothing screams great when you are being chased by what might as well be creatures from the pits of hell "Incoming!" John yelled, causing everyone to see the trouble that was following them.

"By the green, this does not bode too well for us." Swamp thing said as he began to summon a club from roots, vines, fungus and any stones that were caught between. "Brace yourselves." he warned, knowing that this will be a fight for survival that all must fight with every trick at their disposal with either weapons, magic, glyph or even tooth and nail if necessary.  

Jaune looked at the helm, well as much as he didn't want to; it looked like he was going to have to wear the helm.